RPi + RAK831 + Resin image => Failed to start the concentrator

Sorry, it wasn’t clear to me that you were just a hobbyist also. I’m not asking you to spend any money, and I apologise if it came across that way, it was not my intention. I just assumed that given you are a moderator and the person who writes this software (which is for RF packet infrastructure), you would probably have a 50 ohm terminator lying around. As far as I know, the 868 and 923 hardware is the same (at least according to the SX1301 datasheet). I was only trying to help fix what is clearly a bug somewhere (if not in mp) to benefit everyone.

I’d also be more than happy to setup my rpi device with your resin image, so that you could debug it if you wish.

I knew you would shed some light on this :wink:

I think it is as simple as that – from the RAK831 thread it seems that this concentrator does not support LBT: The hard RAK831 cafe part 1 - #213 by youngjune0594

@jeremyherbert, if you want to pursue this, you will have to talk to RAK…

2 Likes

Thank you @Amedee! Even though the issue isn’t solved, at least I know where my problem is.

It also appears that LBT is not required in AS923, according to the “LoRaWAN 1.1 Regional Parameters” document. So I will just run it without for now.