TABS nodes from Tracknet (now Semtech)

Hi,

I got some test-nodes: Tabs from Tracknet (now Semtech).
Object locator TBOL
Temperature and humidity sensor: TBHH
Motion Sensor: TBMS

I was able to get the TBOL get connected to the lorawan. (still have some problems to decode the payload)
The two other sensors: no chance. they are sending, but the gateway does ignore them completely!

Does anyone has some experience with these sensors?

Thanks for info and perhabs exchange of information. The sensors look nice and are handy…

What do you mean with “the gateway completely ignores them”?
Can you see JOINs on the Gateway console?
Are the “malfunctioning” TABS perhaps on 433MHz etc.?

Hi and thanks for your answer. And sorry for my newbe-questioning.

1. right now the tabs can send a join request and the server is sending an join accept. (I found out that the keys were mixed up…) (therefore it seems to be correctly 868MHz).
  2. usually i thought that after join accept the node would start sending uplink data which can be seen as the device data. But nothing is there: as if thejoin accept did not reach the node. Can this be? The device is not activated…
    I have to check the gateway logs…
    A.

I had this! Needed to pull the battery. and short two of the pins to reset… Kicked in after that. Possibly 6&10 from memory.

I had various things with TABS

1. Dead battery on delivery
  2. need to reset them - usually necessary if you pull the battery strip before onboarding the keys to the LNS
  3. bad coverage - the devices have quite bad coverage in comparison to similar small sensors (for example Siconia MultiPurpose Sensor)

The other thing is, that I experienced issues with joining in various of sensors. These things are often a gateway problem…

1. bad connectivity - slow connection, 3g coverrage, …
  2. some gateways seem to have problems in handling downlinks…
  3. and again bad coverrage - the small sensor sends to a big antenna on the gateway side but the sensor antenna is quite small, thus downlinks are more often not received in comparison to uplinks

this is my personal experience :wink:

1 Like

Hi, I have the very same sensors and am using a TTIG however only see a join request in the gateway console. I have created an application, added the App EUI (from the join request) in the EUI’s field. I have registered a device, entered the Dev EUI (from the join request) and left the App Key to be generated. I am expecting a join accept but see nothing. A few questions:

In both the App and Dev EUI fields I use the same endianness as the gateway console shows, is that correct?
I leave the app key to be generated but should this be input based on something in the Tabs sensor that I am unaware of? (really struggled to find any decent documentation on them)

Thanks in advance.

These sensors are preconfigured. Your vendor should share the keys with you.