TBeam V 1.1 with SX1262 and Radiolib library

Hi all,

Today I tried to load the sketch given as an example for a Lorawan communication (in abp mode) .
link example.ino

For this first test, I just wanted to make sure that the compilation went smoothly: that’s why I kept the initial parameters (*)
I understand that this is still a beta … but since there’s an example I gave it a try!
Question: it doesn’t compile :frowning: I suppose it’s me - again - who’s at fault !!!
(I use, under Linux Ubuntu 22.04, the Arduino IDE 2.2.1 and the Radiolib 6.3.0 library)
Below are the errors.
Thank you very much for your help !

(*) I only modified the connections of the module in order to adapt them to a TTGO TBeam V 1.1 with SX1262
NSS pin: 18
DIO0 pin: 26
DIO1 pin: 33
RESET pin: 23
SX1262 radio = new Module(18, 26, 23, 33);
//SX1262 radio = new Module(18, 26, 23);
First error when I ask to compile (3 tries) :
exit status 1
Try 1 : Compilation error: ‘NSS’ does not name a type; did you mean ‘SS’?
Try 2 : Compilation error: ‘SS’ does not name a type
Try 3 ; Compilation error: ‘CS’ does not name a type; did you mean ‘SS’?

If there is an issue in the library, the announce topic asks that you post library related issues on GitHub:

It compiles for me using Arduino IDE 2.2.1.

The error messages imply that you’ve uncommented the notes above the

or made some other modifications, intentional or otherwise.

If there is an issue in the library, the announce topic asks that you post library related issues on GitHub:

yes, in fact I did read that comment, but I’ve noticed that, generally, it’s more often me that bugs and not the software: so initially I didn’t allow myself to write on github ; I therefore didn’t feel concerned by the following comment: “DO NOT post bugs and issues here”.
(but you might say that it’s not a better choice than polluting the TTN forum ).

The error messages imply that you’ve uncommented the notes above the

and worse: intentionally too !
I’m such an idiot !!!
Really sorry for this post :frowning:

Anyway, thanks for replying @Descartes

Somewhat less known, but on most repositories, there’s the “Discussion” section nowadays, which is perfect for these kinds of questions - check them out and you’ll see lots of similar questions there!

But happy you seem to have figured it out now. Godspeed!

1 Like

No major harm done, but if the community asks people to help the volunteers by focusing efforts in to one place, mindfully ignoring it doesn’t win any friends.

You were going to end up polluting somewhere, better to use the pool provided!