The application is down

Hello all,

I have been using an application on TTN for the past year without any issues. But two days ago, All my 72 nodes stopped transmitting data at almost the same time (5/23/2019 22:47:45). I have tried to register new devices on the same application but they don’t work.

However, when I register the same device in a different application, they start working.
The only difference between the applications is the handler.

The working application is using ttn-handler-asia-se, and the not working application is using ttn-handler-eu. Would this be the cause?
The image below shows an overview of the not working application.
image

It’s worth mentioning, that I made a new application using ttn-handler-eu. It is not working either.

Would it be possible to change my handler without having my devices removed?
I am using ABP. therefore, I need to set the DEVADDR.

@Maj

Hi Sam. I know there are issue with cross-region routing. Since the gateways you are connecting to are in the Australian region and your application is in the European region, I suspect you are seeing the effects of this issue.

It’s not possible to change an application’s hander AFAIK. I once had a script to migrate devices between applications, which I’ve since lost (@htdvisser - do you still have this?). Alternatively you could export/import using ttnctl and a custom script.

FYI, you should use meshed-handler (Australia) to avoid the cross-region routing issue.

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the response on weekend,
I have checked the setting of the applications, and I am able to change the handler. But all the devices will be removed.

Since I am using ABP, then I have to change the DEVADDR on all my nodes which is time taking. Initially, I was using Meshed-Handler, but the integration tab is closed to the public.
Another thing is I keep getting this error on my screen every time I change a device tab on my browser.
Capture

Its strange but my Applications also stopped at exactly the same time, and I have identical experience.
I have changed to meshed and recrated the devices and it all seems to be working again.

Thanks for your post it helped me greatly.
Cheers

Bit late reply, but if it’s still an issue, you can use package go.htdvisser.nl/migrate to migrate devices between applications.