The LIBRARY basement part 10

MSFT to again offer paid support (security fixes vs new features) for Win7 after EoL next year - at a cost (escalating), in programme similar to Win XP…what I wonder is if MSFT went to the trouble of creating such fixes for XP why didnt they ever do a bulk release - perhaps with a delay (3mo, 6Mo or what ever) for the poor sods in general environment vs corporate deep pockets or public sector (not spending their own money but ours) - looking at you NHS & various police forces!, who were forced to continue with XP perhaps because of other legacy s/w or hardware not supported under Win 7 or later? Guess they are as unlikely to do that for future Win7 ‘updates’ either…would be of social benefit (stops many perfectly good but older bits of kit going to landfill) and help some in society who cant afford to buy new kit…perhaps someone should unleash eco-warrior Greta in their direction! :slight_smile: No doubt they figure holding updates back acts as a big stick to help push punters to latest and greatest data slurping mechanisms… :frowning:

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: SX1302 Gateway Baseband Transceiver

17%20PM

discussion TOPIC SX1302 :sunglasses:

Ball Balancer

1 Like

lacuna-irnas

recorded livestream conference 3 oct. 2019

mobile%20gw

I think low power wide area networks (LPWANs)have been mis-named, the most important thing isn’t the low power, it’s the low cost. Perhaps we should be talking about LCWAN instead because cost to me is just as, if not more, important than power consumption to achieve scale.

• Lawrence Latham is the chief executive of Everynet, the provider of wholesale LoRaWAN networks

IoT NOW volume 9 issue 3 PDF

2018report
from LoRa Alliance 2018 end of year report PDF

23%20AM
GPS diy project

irnasconference

According to several sources who allegedly worked on the project, a contracting agency named Randstad sent teams to Atlanta explicitly to target homeless people and those with dark skin, often without saying they were working for Google, and without letting on that they were actually recording people’s faces. ’