The NOT CONNECTED / NOT SEEN in console CENTRAL topic part 1

About 4 hrs ago both my gateways au-2641-0001 and au-3690-0002 are suffering the NOT-CONNECTED problem.
Gateways are MultiTech Conduit V1.4.17, one installed installed last week the other a month ago, showed up on the map until 2018-09-26T20:00 UTC (06:00 local time)
Now the console says last seen at xxxx and the map symbol has gone red.
Handler is ttn-router-asia-se for both.

As with all other cases listed in this topic packets are coming through the gateway and the gateway is doing what it’s supposed to be doing.

We have four gateways in our community, two have the old style eui-00800000a000xxxx ID and two have the new freely definable ID. The gateways with the eui ID style are still showing as connected - could there be a connection between gateway ID and the NOT CONNECTED issue?

I have changed one of the gateways to use the eu handler and it’s status immediately went “connected”.

Any comment on this issue from the TTN team would be appreciated.

1 Like

The problem coming again my gw last connected 6 hours ago, but only status problem, all data from sensor still coming, i hope ttn team can resolve this problem immediately

@susiloharjo This problem appears to be related to the asia-se router. I would be interested to know if your gateway starts working again when you configure it to run on the eu router, that’s what fixed my gateway.

slack-notconn1

i have established a single channel gateway using, raspberry Pi and dragino lora shield .IT was working 0ne month ago and it was showing the status connected at that time .But due to some issues it was shut down for one month and after that i restarted the gateway but the status is continuously showing not connected even if the packets had been received and seen on the terminal window.So whats the issue and how could the status be made again active

The NOT CONNECTED problem is related to particular router, for me it’s asia-se which is causing the problem. I have now changed my gateways to the eu router and the problem is fixed.

I’m not sure of the implications (apart from latency) when I connect to the eu router from Australia, but it seems to be the only solution available at this point in time.

Not sure but does the choice of router also determine the frequency mapping? Esp wrt RX2 DL choice etc.? I’m in EU so eu router is default for me and cant check…assume you overide any router determined choice through Global or Local JSON file amendments?..no doubt someone on the Forum will chip in and correct/confirm as appropriate :wink: Good luck!

Same here.
My gateway is registered to asia-se router and it keeps going ‘offline’ and it says gateway isnt connected. However, i can still see my devices reporting and data IS routed to TTN!
TTN’s packet forwarder runs as well (rebooting it doesnt help).
Only way i know how to fix it - change router (re-register say to eu, run install.sh, re-register back to asia-se and run instal.sh again - comes online right away! Still goes back to ‘not connected’ state within few hours).

Anyone from Core Team wants to take a look at the router and see what the go is? Seems like common issue on asia-se router…???

PS: Gateway ID: eui-00800000a0002c8a, registerred to asia-se router. Data is coming from sensors - gateway ‘not connected’.

Hello there,

The problem has arrived one month ago, then disappeared, but now just come back.

Our 2 gateways (rak831 with Raspberry Pi 3) can still receive and send data, but their status on TTN is “not connected”.

Someone may have any explanation and suggestion ?

Thank you in advance.

Quoc-Huy LE

just relax I think… I’m sure that they noticed in the OPS center
my TTN gateway ( status is connected and working, but no data is shown under the gateway data tab

eui-b827ebfffe5231fd, connected to “digitalcatapult-uk-router” is also shown as disconnected, but its still forwarding application data.

My gateway (eui-b827ebfffe11144e), a Raspberry Pi 3B+ with RAK 833 module built using the instructions included here has been working fine since going online two months ago but in the last day or so the TTN console has been reporting it as not connected.

In the syslog I can see regular push and pull acks to router.au.thethings.network. There’s nothing in the log to indicate any kind of issue. My TTN mapping node has also been successfully uploading positions during that time. I’ve tried restarting the service and rebooting the gateway but the console is still reporting it as offline. Anyone else seeing similar behaviour?

Thanks,

Dean

Yep all our gateways are in the same situation: offline in console but data seems to getting through, weirdly enough one that was only turned on today for backup (MultiTech Conduit) is online in the console and receiving data.

Cheers
Adam.

1 Like

My gateway (eui-b827ebfffe11144e), a Raspberry Pi 3B+ with RAK 833 module built using the instructions included here has been working fine since going online two months ago but in the last day or so the TTN console has been reporting it as not connected.

In the syslog I can see regular push and pull acks to router.au.thethings.network. There’s nothing in the log to indicate any kind of issue. My TTN mapping node has also been successfully uploading positions during that time. I’ve tried restarting the service and rebooting the gateway but the console is still reporting it as offline. Anyone else seeing similar behaviour?

Thanks,

Dean

All of my gateways show that they disconnected ~2 days ago and they are no longer forwarding data. I just opened one up and the concentrator board was burning hot for some reason. It seems that unplugging it and plugging it back in allowed it to go back online and it’s forwarding data once again – it has also cooled back down.

The other ones I reboot in my resin panel, and they seem to be fine now. One is having some weird issues and it won’t reboot through resin, I’m going to go check it out in a bit.

• please specify your gateway type and region !

give as much info as possible
only ’ my gateway is not working’ or 'my gateway is working but not on the map ’ alone is pretty useless info :wink:

One of them is a Raspberry PI with a Seeedstudio RHF0M301 shield (I can’t reboot this one though resin for some reason). The other three are Raspberry PIs with RAK831 shields. They are all mounted at different locations with separate internet connections. I rebooted the RAK831 gateways in resin and they seem to be fine now.

I’m in the US915 region.

1 Like

there seems to be some problems lately with bridge.us-west.thethings.network

Hello to all. Yesterday I registered the eui-0000024b080e0e55 gateway (ttn-router-eu). The gateway received the status of “connected”. The gateway worked all night, but today the status is “not connected”. I did not change the gateway settings. I rebooted the gateway several times, but it did not help. I deleted the old gateway from the console and registered a new gateway with the same ID, but that didn’t help either. The gateway is still not connected. I hope for your help.

Gateways are showing as offline here again in the console (even missing last seen data), I think data is getting through to the backend mind - seems to be a console issue at the moment.

1 Like