The WORKBENCH part 1

x985

x986

x987

idea : TTN uno packet generator shield under construction
use case : hard/software testing (is my graph / gateway / dooralarm working? :wink:)

2 pos switch - join ABP / OTAA
4 pos switch 1 - single shot / 30 sec / 60 sec / 300 sec interval
4 pos switch 2 - temp (Si7021) / random temp -10 +40 / fake GPS / ACK

red button - single shot
left button - reset
middle button - join

oled 1.3 I2C 128x64 SSH1106

proto uno shield

“For lithium polymer batteries the under-voltage threshold is 3V”

Very good idea.

So I have some of these N-type chassis connectors and one of the RAK antennas so I have a question. This would make an elegant outdoor gateway, the antenna anchored to the roof by the ali base and using the N chassis connector to enter an IP67 enclosure containing my @Charles’s specification Pi-Zero W + RAK831 gateway. All I need from the inside of the house is power… Result!

My quesiton (to the rf gurus) ; in a perfect world, how do I terminate a co-ax cable (say SMA pigtail) to the back of this N chassis connector without being lossy? Can I carefully ground the shield to the shell exposing as little of the antenna conductor as possible? Any hints?

sure…
1- buy a complete assembly with quality cable :wink: (they are not expensive)
2- not all enclosures are metal … some are painted aluminium / plastic

x990

1 Like

20180721_124713

Pycom boards landed during the week. Must teach self MicroPython… I am more the welder than the programmer type :sunglasses:

LOLIN32 Lite, the “Crash test dummy”

#selfimprovement #notsurehow #itworks

1 Like

ANYONE interested in opening The WORKBENCH part 2 ? :sunglasses:
this one is almost full

Given the number of messages in this topic I was wondering when you would start part 2. I am already getting lost when searching for something I know to have been posted here. (And search does not always work due to people posting just pictures/youtube links without a brief description)

2 Likes

We are continuing in The WORKBENCH part 2

1 Like