The WORKBENCH part 1

OK, now I understand that the state of variables (like frame counter) is unaffected by the sleep.
It is different from esp8266 which does not return to the loop() but goes to setup() when woken up (I think). Thanks!

In my code I generate a node ‘frame counter’ and also the TTN backend has a frame counter.

Every time I transmit a frame the arduino increases the counter variable by one and transmit that value.
(for Cayenne I use ‘luminosity’)

The TTN backend , when receives this packet, also increases by one so these 2 values must be equal or we missed a frame.
For example, if it starts freezing like -5, there is a chance that the RN2483 (old model) wil stop transmitting and when then later the temperature rises, it will start working again… these 2 counters could point to that possible problem.

2 Likes

x561

that’s why I couldn’t charge this new very cheap battery … the protection circuit has no components.

7 Likes

for the second time in 2 months trying to get the very fast 100% humidity reading from the BME280 sensor below the 100 :sunglasses:

repair2-1

x562

repair2-2

RAK811 portable programmable TTN node under construction :sunglasses:

x563

x564

x566

x568

3 Likes

Even @CurlyWurly dropped by but productivity still very poor, Workbench still at large!
20171227_102045

1 Like

indeed :sunglasses:

rak811huh

1 Like

x569
lesson learned : don’t work on electronics when you just came back from the gym :wink:

1 Like

x571
almost forgot that I ordered them… 19000 mA - 3.6 V non rechargeable in D format :sunglasses:

ER34615-1

ER34615-2

the D size holders arrived to :

x576

2 Likes

Power4Node
mine arrived too, only smaller brother and sister :wink:

1 Like

you found a sticker on the packaging like this… what does it mean ?

x573

x574
‘quick and dirty’ rak811 measurement board with an ‘leonardo micro’ as uart controller

x575
finally found a good solution to mount 12864 LCD displays :sunglasses:

2410-2912
AA battery drainage rn2483A node with 5 min interval

yes, but no idea what they would point to.

I’m planning to use these small dc/dc converters … got a few in today

2 Likes

x577

x578

8 Likes

I got that sometimes too. I believe it means “contain batteries of some sort” ?

1 Like

ah ok… indeed that package contained batteries :roll_eyes:

That was just a guess because I only had that on batteries deliverys, but some people offer other interpretations, for instance :
https://thomas.vanhoutte.be/miniblog/explained-yellow-sticker-on-package-goods-do-not-meet-the-requirement-of-article-9/ “custom duties and other fees still need to be paid on this parcel”

Definitely not battery related as some people got that with books.