The WORKBENCH part 3

after the n1201 and before the rigol , you’ll get probably the miniVNA

55%20PM

58%20PM

1 Like

x1460
single 18650 mini ups

@Charles , what about a mini shield for that lora node with sensor(s) , carefull … the connectors are not exactly 2.54 aligned… if you skip one its ok. :upside_down_face:

x1461

x1462

x1463

idea = basic node + special shield + downloadable sketch

• temp / humidity
  • PIR alarm
  • office / room air quality
  • door / window hall contact sensor
  • radar people counter
  • smoke sensor
  • audio (baby cry) sensor
  • occupation sensor
1 Like

that’s new… after the bootloader update and now the higher speed I get always verification error’s.
but the code compiles and works… any idea ?

25%20PM

x1465

x1464

@bluejedi … ok … you’re right… 1200 mAh should be 600 mAh :zipper_mouth_face:
In short… don’t buy LIELONG batteries !

• and it’s getting worse, I suspect that they can’t be recharged at all, I complained yesterday but that is removed/not published
2 Likes

what speed, what FTDI type ? maybe too high ? never saw that

Not bad at all (VCC = 3.6V)

IMG_6077

Fault credit to SPX3819 Regulator Quiescient Current ?? Strange because that’s the only component consuming, and different from Mini LoRa

Correct , Charles, learn to read datasheet, the fault is really from regulaor

So remove, bypass or change regulator could bring you to 2uA? Not sure Now I’m sure it’s the regulator

Note that LED on D13 (SPI SCK) is not a good choice either, unable to blink during join because SCK line is used my LMIC to drive SPI

So I prefer this one, note it’s nA not uA
IMG_6074

2 Likes

had a closer look but I think something went wrong after an (w10) update… have to investigate further.
it’s a 'normal FTDI and @ 250k

36%20AM

37%20AM

these little boards , can you tell us more , see your logo on them ?

@Charles Are those Murata Lora modules or some else?
was looking into them yesterday. https://www.murata.com/products/connectivitymodule/lpwa/lora

Well talking FTDI, my experience is to say “nothing is normal” until you buy a real FTDI chip cable for $20, I had really bad experience with some FTDI fake that break the chip

So now I’m using this one (got a ton) you can select 3.3V or 5V with onboard regulator, no fake chip risk, it’s a chineese one :wink:

The little board are murata one for a customer POC

Hi have removed both protective diode and regultator and am currently at 11 uA while in sleep.

1 Like

Correct, it’s this one CMWX1ZZABZ-078

do you use it together with some AVR based MCU?
I am looking into Lora modules for my next gen boards. Still cant decide witch ones I want to test.
There are ebyte and others on list as well.

That’s really interesting because something is strange, I put the same code on Mini LoRa got 4uA in sleep and here 70uA and datasheet of regulator SPX3819 says 5uA max, so I should be under 10uA, this is driving me mad

1 Like

I used a code base derived from @lex_ph2lb to get this result.

Both, I’m using then standalone when I need LoRa only, and I couple them with ESP32 when I need to add WiFi or BLE,

1 Like

hmm, interesting. Would be interesting to see how sensor reading and encoding is done on one of these standalone modules. Have no clue how you even program them.

You can check this one to start, @disk91 wrote a SDK to use it :wink:

2 Likes

true… I’ll try a few different usb-serial modules first :sweat_smile:

these type of boards are for sale too
see https://www.tindie.com/stores/tleracorp/