Troubleshooting Milesight WS523-915M portable socket

If you select the message you can actually see what gateways you are connected to, I can see the RSSI is -99 to one of the gateways, you will get more information when selected it.

What do you use for the MQTT?

Thanks Johan. It appears I can no longer ‘see’ the messages I took a screen-dump of. It’s another day here in Perth! And the latest set of messages doesn’t appear to have one that shows a connection (because from your comments, I assume that is what it was). I’ll have to patiently wait and see if I can collect more data later.

For MQTT, I use an application ‘mqtt-spy’ It seems to work very well - it certainly connects to my in-house MQTT server and shows me all the messages I want to see. I set up an external connection to the TN MQTT server, and all the indications are that the connection is successful. (The connection tab turns green if a connection is made, and mine does just that). I use a username as supplied, and the API key as password - exactly as suggested. But NO data! I’ve subscribed, as you suggest, to v3/+/devices/+/up but NO data. Just to be sure, the sequence you have suggested does include the plus sign? It is exactly v3/+/devices/+/up?.

Thanks for all your - invaluable - help! Mike

What intervals are it set to send a uplink?

Send a downlink message from the console to it to switch it, as it is a Class C device it should be listening all the time. (I don’t have the data sheet so I can’t advise you on the payload).

A post was split to a new topic: Unable to see data in MQTT JSON