TTIG AU915 support

Done :white_check_mark:

And to everyone else, please keep this thread specifically for requests to route gateways to the AU Cluster. For issues for TTIG connectivity, there are quite many other threads. Thanks :+1:

2 Likes

Could you please add this one too? eui-58a0cbfffe802c5c
Tks

Hello there @KrishnaIyerEaswaran2 !
I have recently purchased a TTIG AU915 for Posadas and I am facing troubles with OTAA using my LoPy4.

I can confirm the code on my LoPy4 works fine because I have tested it against my Dragino LG308 and it successfully joins TTN.
However, when I try the same code against my freshly unboxed and configured TTIG-AU915 it does not even receive the activation message.
In order to make sure that the device is operating within the right frequencies, I uploaded on purpose a new code to my node, but this time using the US915 plan. Surprisingly, I see activation messages being prompted on the console that are arriving on an unexpected frequency (904.6 MHz) see screenshot below
Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 15.42.52
I am quite confused tbh. From what my tests yield, it seems like the TTIG-AU915 is not really listening to the right sub band for Australia, but for the US although the label on the device states “For AU & NZ”.
IMG_5891

Any help here will be highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Milton

Can you also please add mine? eui-58a0cbfffe8030bd
Mi user is: https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/u/snorkman
Thanks.

@snorkman: Done :white_check_mark:

1 Like

Hi @KrishnaIyerEaswaran2 please don´t forget my TTIG!

@Wellscom_Lora_Demo_E: Done :white_check_mark:

1 Like

Me too, please, TTIG AU915
@KrishnaIyerEaswaran2
eui-58a0cbfffe802e32

Thanks.

Is posting here still the recommended way to get a TTIG AU915 configured or is there anything I can do myself to make this work?

I’ve been sitting with this long awaited device beside me on the desk but without any successful connections yet.

Thanks in advance for any advice or insight.

Posting here should work. There is no UI for selfservice yet and there probably won’t be one for the community network version 2.

Thanks for the response, @kersing

I will leave the posting above for @KrishnaIyerEaswaran2
Hopefully he will spot it.

I’m just oustide range of the local council gateway and am so keen to get my indoor gateway up so I can get working with some sensors at home.

Thanks.

@tmugan. This is done. I was off the last 10 days.
Cheers!

2 Likes

Excellent, thanks @KrishnaIyerEaswaran2.

All looking good now. Seeing traffic through TTIG AU915 gateway on the Australian console
https://console.thethings.meshed.com.au/

Could you please add this one too? eui-58a0cbfffe802dc1
thank you

@blindber: This seems to be an EU868 gateway.

That’s very odd, it was purchased as an AU915, attached is an image of its label. Is it possible to reflash it with AU915 firmware?
.20210111_210912~4

Maybe check the EUI you typed in to the forum is the same as the one that’s on the device …

I’m sure Nick meant on the Console GW registration vs Forum - that looks ok. IF BY CHANCE the registration was typed in incorrectly DO NOT DELETE IT! :wink: Instead register a new GW with correct details. If in the future someone were to then get a GW with your incorrect details they will not be able to register it as it would have been deleted in the system. Better they discover your incorrect registration attempt (after some frustration and many attempts no doubt!) and can then contact you to ask you to add them as collaborator then transfer owner ship them (you may be able to jump straight to transfer but IMHO setting collaboration first allows for correct person/migration check before the full move and possible loss of ownership by anyone;-) )

@blindber: This could be a mixup with the data sent to me by the manufacturer. Based on your screenshot, that looks like a 915 gateway. I’ll check with the manufacturer and get back to you.

I mean’t the EUI that was typed in to the forum - the label shows it should be an AU TTIG, so if the EUI appears to be configured for the EU, either it was mistyped or, as Krishna says, its a manufacturing glitch.