TTIG "not connected"

I am having issues with my TTN Indoor Gateway, eui-58a0cbfffe80163c it went off line ~2 days ago and will not show connected.

My 2 gateways are not connected as well since 2 days in two different european countries.
One is a dragino single channel Gateway and an Indoor Gateway from ttn.
But there are other gateways running in Germany. Weird. Powercycle did not help.

Could it be that currently all european Gateways are down?
https://ttnmapper.org

Please check EU TTn Server Down? before posting additional “My gateways are not connected as well” messages. There are issues with the console where it does not show the correct status for gateways. Which gateways are reported connected and which aren’t seems random.

Both my recently purchased TTIG:s only show up briefly as “connected”, then they go back to “not connected” most of the time…
Are both units faulty, or is this expected behavior?

EUIs:
eui-58a0cbfffe800cce
eui-58a0cbfffe80109a

I’m having similar problems with my TTIG since a few days:

Wifi connection to TTIG appears OK and it responds to ping. LED startup sequence appears normal, but the TTIG is not properly functioning.

During several tests (with restarts) the TTN Console for the TTIG:

• Either after startup shows status Connected but shows no traffic (of which there is plenty) and short after shows Not connected again, or:
  • Shows status Connected and shows traffic but only for a few minutes (after startup) but then stops and short after shows Not connected again.

I checked the application data and when the Console reports status Not connected (or steadily increasing ‘last seen’) then the TTIG is not reported in the list of gateways of received messages.

There appear to be issues with the backend again, which probably explains above problems:

My TTIG is working again.
(See slack#ops channel for more information)

Extract:

htdvisser 2019-11-29 11:30
The EU region of the community network has been struggling with a number of misbehaving UDP gateways the last few days, and especially yesterday. These gateways seem to be pretending to be other gateways by using different gateway EUIs, and are flooding our infrastructure with packets (sometimes hundreds per second), which affects other gateways that are load-balanced to the same server instance (udp bridge).

Access to Slack can be requested on the TTN Account page https://account.thethingsnetwork.org/

Why not share the highlights here for those without slack access?

Reporting status of TTN operations should be done by those who are in control of it. The slack #ops channel seems to be the selected channel for this, with no feedback to the forum unfortunately.

The TTN status page shows ‘No incidents’ for November 27, 28 and 29, so apparently even the TTN status page cannot be relied upon.

Why not share the highlights from slack here?: to prevent having to copy/paste information from slack every time that issues and incidents occur. Every TTN user can request access to TTN on Slack.
(For this time I added the feedback from slack to my above post.)

My new TTIG 868 seems to be working as expected.

The LED goes through the stipulated steps and promptly arrives at and stays a solid green. For the moment I haven’t got any nodes so my first check has been to register the gateway on TTN in the hope that it will be visible there.

But no. In spite of all my efforts its quite non-existent. The status is “not connected” and there are no sightings.

I have changed the routersetting to switch and others, toggled the uppdatechoices, tested different wifi-routers, etc in the hope of getting a connection.

Since I haven’t got any means of checking what’s wrong I’m as a last try reporting the problem here.

My Gateway settings

Gateway ID: eui-58a0cbfffe8019b4
Description: Starrbäcksängen
Frequency Plan: Europe868MHz
Router: ttn-router-eu
Automatically update gateway no
Beta Updates no

(The location is in Stockholm, Sweden, Europe)

Info copied from the TTIG

Gateway EUI 58-A0-CB-FF-FE-80-19-B4
WiFi AP MAC 58:A0:CB:80:19:B4
WiFi AP Pass xxxxxxxxx
WiFi STA MAC CC:50:E3:D8:73:B3
Serial Number TBMH100868004489
MFG date 2019-09-21 06:27:25
FW Build 2018-12-06 09:30:37
FW Version 2.0.0
Core Version 2.0.0(minihub/debug)
Copyright (c) 2018 Semtech Corporation. All rights reserved.

Hello,
My new indoor TTIG is no more connected since as well:
Gateway ID eui-58a0cbfffe800fd2
But what the more annoying is that le green led is blinking from time to time and during this period, the gateway is unable to forward data from nodes.
I can’t deploy it. I’ll let it powered on my desktop until this is fixed.

Same here.
Bought a very new TTIG and it’s not connecting. Better I had flushed they money in my toilet :angry:

Germany, Saxony

I have the same issue. How to approach it? Is there anything I can do or do I need to wait for some fix on the network side?

Same here!

Got my brand new TTIG a couple hours ago, but the gateway can’t connect :frowning: .

WiFi credentials are correct (green solid led), I also double checked a couple times the gateway ID in the TTN gateway console: eui-58a0cbfffe801e7b. I’m pretty sure I have no typo.

I see your gateway connected to the TTN network

You can see that on "http://noc.thethingsnetwork.org:8085/api/v2/gateways/“gateway-ID”

Maybee time, but your gate way is online.
Johan

The message where you got the ID from was 27 days old. So it seems to be fixed.

I tried my ID:

http://noc.thethingsnetwork.org:8085/api/v2/gateways/eui-58a0cbfffe802080 and get:
{“error”:“status not found”,“message”:“status not found”,“code”:5}

Same result for the ID @keiltronic has posted.

Does it just take a few days? But if so this fact should be documented somewhere.

Thanks Johan for checking it. Yes it’s online now. I don’t know since when and how but it doesn’t come from me since I was on holidays…

Hi,
I am unable to register my gateway, I’m having error 'could not register gateway a gateway with EUI58a0cbfffe801734 already exists.

Here is my post asking for help, with screen shots…

I think I deleted it when the gateway wasn’t showing online. Does my gateway need to be re-registered to my account?? Any help would be appreciated

Today I installed my first TTIG but I get a “not connected” status when I look at the console. I have checked the Getaway_ID several times and can not find a mistake. However, the green light on the TTIG is constantly on, so it shows it is connected, but not in the console? The ID is eui-58a0cbfffe801c1a, when I try http://noc.thethingsnetwork.org:8085/api/v2/gateways/eui-58a0cbfffe801c1a I get:
{“error”:“status not found”,“message”:“status not found”,“code”:5}

Can anybody help? Thank you very much in advance!

Hello Nobyte,

If the led is solid green it should be connected to Wifi and the back end.
At my first installed TTIG copy paste also some wrong info from the key.
Maybe check it once with the label and what you get ad the setup screen off your TTIG just before you say save to the Wifi setup.
See this part off the manual : https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/docs/gateways/thethingsindoor/#connection-to-the-the-things-network-backend
Yes, I none what you think (again) but check it once and make a copy off it, if everything is good then maybe somebody from TTN can look deeper in it.
You should connect them at their Slack channel #ops they monitoring the environment and the forum.
this is for all above message for not connected TTIG, first check every step again, make screen shoot’s off the screens so you have the right info.
For me it was that i copied a “space” to much in the gateway id :slight_smile: