New gateway: The Things Indoor Gateway

Okay, so it does not match the channel number from the LoRaWAN Regional Parameters document. (And if it should, then TTN would not have added the value to each gateway, as then it should be the same for all.) Does anyone know what’s the use of the channel number in the metadata then?

No SLA thats true. I cannot argue otherwise. Also I have no choice but to use TTN because I cannot configure the product I ourchased.
Future gateways are not free.

When I pay for a product (any) I may expect that is works. TTIG is fixed to TTN so the rule that I may expect a product to work propagates to TTN. Our so SLA does not break (Dutch) laws I expect.
When my product fails (becaus of TTN?) I may return it under Ditch law.
I have my conserns. This is food for thougt for lawyers.
W’ll see.

3 Likes

agree, that should be clarified in the future… you buy the hardware (TTIG) now what level of network service you may expect, will it be free for ever ect ect.

1 Like

Looking at the Basic Station software it seems no longer to be present in the uplink data. So it probably wasn’t/isn’t useful.

1 Like

Small Update.
The issue in the US region should be resolved.
On EU, most gateways should be working. I’m adding a couple of fixes to make sure all of them are working.
Stay Tuned!

3 Likes

Hello Everyone,

So after a long battle, the EU gateways must also be working now. If your gateway is not sending uplinks, please send message me your EUI via slack or via a direct message to me.

Reason:
As some of you might know, our V2 stack does not support the new BasicStation protocol and hence we have a temporary/experimental BasicStation-Bridge that bridges the TTIG to our V2 routers. This bridge is functional but breaks at scale which is what’s happening here). I have added some load-balancing in the backend which should keep it functional.

In the next few weeks, we will be replacing this bridge with a native, highly scalable component which will ensure that these kinds of outages don’t happen.

With regards to the delay; we do our utmost best to make sure that the network and the gateways are running without issues (regardless of SLAs). This has no other reason other than the fact that the intermediate bridge is quite difficult to work with and that this happened to be on a weekend when most of us did not have access to resources. I, myself, have spent the best part of my Sunday trying to fix this.

We do understand that these disruptions can be quite frustrating for the users and we will always do our best to keep these issues minimal.

Regards,
Krishna

12 Likes

betaupd

do you have to check 'Beta Updates ’ on TTIG ?

2 Likes

And in the UK for £60.12 including VAT:
https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/radio-frequency-development-kits/1840732/
But 915MHz :frowning:

I apologize, but I can’t find it and I’m anxious to order - is there a hard date on release (US)?

1 Like

Availability from June according the RS UK

1 Like

Any official information about delivery ?

I’ve removed my links because these products seems to be offline.

As with all TTN projects, they over promise, and under deliver on time and cost… so I expect this will be delayed for many weeks more…

They need better communication skills as it effect their customer… keeping the customer up to date, keep them in the know and happy.

3 Likes

As per @SargeAU and @bed is there any news on AU915 channel plan?

Got this thing on my desk that wants to be plugged in @KrishnaIyerEaswaran2 :wink:

Hello everybody,
can I configure the gateway in order to send uplink packets to my own LoRa server and not to TTN?
Thank you

I suppose you could configure a router for static NAT to redirect traffic to IP of your own server.

That would not work with TLS/HTTPS.

No, the TTIG is setup to use only TTN at this moment. Preconfig true “CUPS”
See a part off conversation above

I read from this that the TTIG get his config from the “CUPS-Server’s”

Am I correct in thinking that the date for release of the Things Indoor Gateway hasn’t happened? I can’t see it for sale anywhere in the UK.

1 Like

It has been on the RS site but that page has been taken down again. Last thing I read was may/June timeframe.

1 Like