After numerous attempts and plenty of wasted days to setup a Nono-Gateway based on LoPy4 I finally ordered and received a “real” gateway. I took it out of the box and connected to my laptop with supplied USB cable.
Then I found and I follow the documentation:
Activate your gateway in under 5 min
- Press the reset button (small button at the back of the gateway next to the USB-C port) for 5 seconds until the LED blinks rapidly GREEN<->RED for a couple of times.
- Hold the SETUP (button at the top of the gateway, next to the LED) for 10 seconds until the LED blinks rapidly in RED.
- The gateway now exposes a WiFi AP whose SSID is MINIHUB-xxxxxx where xxxxxx is the last 6 digits of the gateway ID.
- The password for this network is printed on the back panel of the device under WiFi PW .
- After connecting to this network go to 192.168.4.1 using a web browser to access the WiFi config page.
I do exactly that and after step 2 when the light is rapidly blinking I try to connect to 192.168.4.1 in my browser…However, at no avail - I am getting:
This site can’t be reached
192.168.4.1 took too long to respond.
…and the indicator light is blinking red (not fast blinking). This blinking is not even documented…
Is there anything I am missing? If not, that would be the worst $70 I spent this month…
Is it defective device? Should I return it?