I’ve had two issues so far with OTAA and getting data to show up in my application. There’s a few threads on here, but I don’t see many good documentations steps to try to figure out why data isn’t showing up on TTN… anyone interested in 1) helping me out with my particular issue and 2) contributing to a troubleshooting guide to make this process go smoother? it seems most of the troubleshooting threads on here are unresolved and the issue just magically fixes itself (with no change on the users end)
My am trying to get my STM32 board to send data to TTN.
Here’s my example sketch https://github.com/kriswiner/CMWX1ZZABZ/tree/master/Cicada (need to set subband to 2 to configure for ttn)… it uses CayenneLPP fyi…
Here’s what I did
- create a new app in ttn
- add a new device to this new app
- copy otaa keys to sketch (appEui, appKey, devEui), compile and run sketch
- Watch ttn gateway log console and ttn app/device console for traffic
- See device traffic on gateway for the join
- see device traffic on app/device for join
- see device traffic on gateway to send payload data (no errors on gateway console)
- see NO device traffic on app/device console for payload data (Frames up is not increasing above 0). I’ve tried disabling Counter Checks and no difference.
I’ve also tried deleting and creating a new application as well.
Any help is appreciated!
If OTAA is the preferred route to use on here then why is it to hard to troubleshoot?