TTN no data Forwarding from Gateway to App

Hi @ all,
I’m trying to get my first LoRaWAN Application running but I have Problems with the message forwarding. I added a LoRa-indoor-Gateway to the Network which is showing that my device is successfully transmitting Data.

At first, I had a connection between the device and the application. (I could see the data inside the Live data console) After a Hardware reset at the Arduino uno the data was only shown inside the gateway console and not in the application. Somehow the data received from the gateway is not transmitted to my application. I tried to follow along the solving process at TTN Console shows uplink traffic in gateway, but no data in application

Hardware:

Code:

// Pin mapping for loRa Dragino v1.4
const lmic_pinmap lmic_pins = {
    .nss = 10,
    .rxtx = LMIC_UNUSED_PIN,
    .rst = 9,
    .dio = {2, 6, 7},
};

What I did:

1. created and claimed a Gateway
  2. created a new app in TTN
  3. created a new device to this new app (ABP/MACv1.0.3)
  4. replaced the ABP keys in the sketch (NWKSKEY, APPSKEY, DEVADDR) compiled it - run the sketch with no errors
  5. I see traffic on the Gateway
  6. I don’t see traffic in the app

App Device Config:
Screenshot 2021-09-29 110400

Gateway Console View
Screenshot 2021-09-29 094558

Device Console

09:21:53.649 -> Starting
09:25:13.295 -> Packet queued
09:25:15.536 -> 12619068: EV_TXCOMPLETE (includes waiting for RX windows)
[...]
09:27:59.625 -> Packet queued
09:28:01.876 -> 23016402: EV_TXCOMPLETE (includes waiting for RX windows)

Additional info’s:

• no payload formatters are in use/implemented for the application or the specific device
  • Gateway Server address: eu1.cloud.thethings.network
  • Frequency plan EU_863_870_TTN

Did you persist the F_Count data either side of the reset? If not, if you dont disable f-count checks, the back end will see the count start again from zero and will assume a replay attack until the device has reached a count where it is larger than the last seen value - try disabling F_Count checks (not recommended long term for deployment - unless using ABP) to see if solves problem - then look at how to improve handling for deployment. Note: A successful OTAA join will reset count at both sides consecutively avoiding this problem, and is inherently more secure that ABP.

3 Likes

Hi Jeff,
thanks a lot for that tip! It finaly works with ABP!

Documentation for future reader:
I changed the Fcnt Reset Frame Counter at:
MyApp → End devices → my-abp-device → General Settings → Network layer → Reset Frame Counters (checked)
Note: do not use in production
additional infos: https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/docs/network/cli/api/

After adjusting the code to store the Fcnt inside the eprom of the device the value could be set disabled again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.