TTN V3 questions

Hello together,

The information about v3 is overwhelming for me. My setup is very very simple:

a) I operate only one official public The Things Gateway
b) I operate one sensor (in one application in the console) that is sending data

And would like to understand…

1. …how can I upgarde my current applications to v3 (I assume mine is still V2 as the only console I know is also the v2 console: https://console.thethingsnetwork.org). I do not find any hint about the version of my application in the console.
  2. …how could I (in theory) upgrade the gateway to v3? There is no other configuration than the WiFi Settings available when I browse to the gateway IP. (I know that I shall not update my gateway today to v3 as this would affect all other users as well, but I was expecting at least the option to initiate it somehow.

Thanks for shading any light on this topic for me :slight_smile:
Flo

2 Likes
  1. Since you have only one node, just add it to V3 and verify that works. Delete it fromV2.
    https://console.cloud.thethings.network/

2. Upgrade your GW later. VERY later. So others can have plenty of time to migrate to V3. Don’t rush with GW.

In my case was very easy (just testing, not active GW) changed in global_conf.json
"server_address": "eu1.cloud.thethings.network",

I don’t know about TTG, I suppose you just change the server. to eu1.cloud.thethings.network

1 Like

Thank you so much, I was able to migrate my application and device to v3!

1 Like

Womit klein beginnen fragt ein Dummie ?

LG
wolle

1 Like

@wolli
it makes sense to ask your questions in English because this is an international forum. If you want to get help in German language ask your local community on their Slack-channel.

Ja. Bestimmt.

ok Namensbruder,

ich übersetze per Chrome Browser

erst mal in Slack finden ?

LG

@wolli Try to find there help at your sprache https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/country/germany/

1 Like

The country page is a nice feature that I wasn’t aware of. Thanks @clv !

The translation template is also well done. Good work.

If you feel you must post in local laguauge - perhaps helps in getting local support - you should also double post in English - even if just with Google Translate - its a start! That way you may get faster, broader response and also helps wider community with developing the pool of information on the forum :slight_smile:

e.g. Wenn Sie der Meinung sind, dass Sie in lokaler Sprache posten müssen - vielleicht hilft es Ihnen, lokale Unterstützung zu erhalten, sollten Sie auch doppelt auf Englisch posten - auch wenn dies nur mit Google Translate geschieht - es ist ein Anfang! Auf diese Weise erhalten Sie möglicherweise eine schnellere und umfassendere Antwort und können eine breitere Community bei der Entwicklung des Informationspools im Forum unterstützen :slight_smile:

[update]

The topic mentioned below has now been deprecated.

For new items please create a new topic using one of the new V2 to V3 Upgrade categories.

For instructions see: How to use the new V2 to V3 Upgrade categories

[deprecated]

ALL - It may be worth your while keeping an eye on, bookmarking & following this thread where we are trying to consolidate, highlight and resolve (where possible) issues arising from the transition, or give approropriate guidance and potential supporting links.

TTN V2 to The Things Stack V3 Transition - DEPRECATED for adding new items.

For information and questions about the V2 to V3 upgrade please check the new
V2 to V3 Upgrade categories described above.

Ok und vielen Dank clv.

Merci Boucou ala Francaise.

LG
wolli