20,000+ GW's

Despite the V2 Console/NOC problems seen over last ~24 hrs showing many GW’s as ‘not connected’ in the Console (though still passing traffic :wink: ) it looks like the overall ‘count’ of active public community V2+V3 TTN GW’s has now crossed the 20K mark - with nearly 19k on V2 and >1k on V3 :slight_smile: :tada: :fireworks: :champagne:

5 Likes

I’m afraid this number isn’t entirely correct, as the number of gateways shown on the v2 map is calculated differently than the number on the status page. The map counts gateways that have been seen in the last 2 weeks, while the status page counts only gateways that are actually connected right now.

So for a more fair comparison, I quickly added an extra graph to the status page that shows the number of v2 gateways that are connected right now.

If we use those numbers, the total number of gateways connected right now is almost 16.000. Not 20K, but still impressive :slight_smile:

1 Like

Spoilsport! :pouting_man: . :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Figured the V3 count was closer to live vs the gradual aging off of old/unseen GW’s on V2 map(s) but it has been the consistent ‘measure’/indicator for the last 3+ years

:man_shrugging:

Is the new V2 count on status page drawn from another source or does it reflect the flawed V2 Console/NOC data with devices currently showing ‘not connected’? (E.g. UK Map shows current approx 425 vs usual 950-1k) I did notice that yesterdays fall off seems to have corrected with most of mine now showing connected again (was down to just 12 out of 30+ active last night)

UPDATE : Just checked UK map and can see corrected now with >1k for UK again… :slight_smile:

The v2 count on the status page now comes from the same source as the v3 count: the v3 Gateway Servers (yes we’re indeed running some modified v3 components in v2).

This means that with the numbers from status page it’s now actually a fair comparison. And if the v2 NOC decides to start acting up again, the count on status page will continue to show the correct number.