Connecting LoRaWAN meters to TTN

A LoRaWAN device can not be active in two networks. It works in either TTN or in Wuxi. To allow a meter to work in TTN you need to delete it from Wuxi and reset it in a way where it will perform a new join procedure. Or you must disable Wuxi in the gateway and then reset the meter.

2 Likes

That’s not going to work. If you’re going to use these with TTN, you’ll need to cut them off from any means of interacting with “Wuxi” by stopping the data feed between the gateway and that, and then resetting the node.

the manufacturers of the LoRaWAN meters will not help me to perform the tests in TTN unless we buy the Gateway they offer

As I noted before, it doesn’t seem like they really want your business unless you are going to use their platform…

2 Likes

Hello, thank you for your response and recommendation. I will talk to my boss about it, we will make decisions, carry out the tests and update the post with the results obtained. Thanks, again.

Hello, thank you for your response and recommendation. I will talk to my boss about it, we will make decisions, carry out the tests and update the post with the results obtained. Thanks, again.

Yes, you’re right. He has no will to help us.

Thank you for your recommendations and opinions.

Hello, I’m sorry I haven’t been away so long.

My boss has the idea that we design our own platform to control and monitor the Chinese LoRaWAN meters that we buy. We are newbies to platform, application and software development. Our support and development engineer wants to know if to create our platform it is necessary to use the TTN API or it is not necessary? How could we design it? Where can we find information about it?

Sorry if the questions are somewhat silly.

I hope you can help us.

As with your previous question, that will not be possible until you supply a lot more information about the device.

It sounded like you were trying to use these devices in a way that manufacturer did not intend.

2 Likes

This wouldn’t be something we discuss here - we are all about LoRaWAN on TTN.

But as a hint, you could look at Chirpstack.

However you have a lot of learning to do!

1 Like

OKAY. Yes, I know I have a lot to learn. Thanks for the info.

Yes I understand. I’m sorry I wasn’t clear. We want to implement in our city an advanced measurement project with utility meters with LoRaWAN technology. We currently have a UG87 Gateway and 9 LoRaWAN meters (3 water meters, 3 energy meters, 3 gas meters).

It so happens that the manufacturers of the LoRaWAN meters gave us limited access to their own monitoring and control platform. Even if we make the purchase of many LoRaWAN meters and the manufacturers give us unlimited access to their own platform, that will not be good for us because the platform will continue to be theirs and although we can access / manipulate the information obtained from the meters they can also access that same information without problems. We want to design our own monitoring and control platform for LoRaWAN meters, regardless of the number of meters we buy and whether they give us unlimited access to that platform or not. We want our platform to have our logos, our information, that it covers all the needs that the project requires, that we have absolute control of the platform, that access to information is unlimited for us and limited for clients, for exclusive use by our purposes. That is what we need. It’s not bad or crazy. Because we have very little experience in the field of software development and this type of platform, we decided to raise the query by this means.

We commented the same to the manufacturers of the LoRaWAN meters, they sent us the API documentation of their monitoring and control platform. Our development engineer told me the following:

[API]energy management platform-en-V2.0.3_20200804145301.pdf (281.0 KB)

"We reviewed the API of said monitoring platform in order to pull the data from our own development. However, it has not been possible to establish the connection, and although the instructions are simple, I do not know if it is necessary for the provider to enable the API or need logging parameters other than the user and password you shared. The error that the API always throws me is: {“errcode”: “- 1”, “errmsg”: “Incorrect parameters”}. One of the queries I did was the following:

curl -d ‘{“action”: “comApi”, “method”: “toLogin”, “param”: {“username”: “573183801517”, “password”: “123456”}}’ -H 'Content-Type : application / json 'http://english.energyy.ucskype.com/internal/commonInternal.jsp "

Why is this happening and how can I fix it? Is it necessary to use TTN to create our platform? Or can you extract data from LoRaWAN meters without using TTN? Is it necessary to use the TTN API to create our platform or is it not necessary? How could we design it? Where can we find information about it?

Again I apologize if the questions are somewhat silly. I hope you can help me.

You are out of your depth and embarking on an ambitious project. I suggest engaging an engineer with LoRaWAN integration experience so you can get up to speed in a short(er) time and you can avoid costly mistakes. Learning by doing will work with 9 meters but if you are going to deploy hundreds and need to visit each of them to reset/reprogram you’ll be sorry not to have spend a few dollars more up front.

The TTN forum is not the place to solicit help on private installations.

Okay I understand. Thanks a lot. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Lots of useful reading here:

Read all of: https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/docs/lorawan/

The devices section of: https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/docs/devices/

The gateways section of: https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/docs/gateways/

The network section of: https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/docs/network/

The applications and API sections of: https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/docs/applications/

1 Like

Ivy Lorawan energy meter is better I guess, they will tell you how to connect, and it’s free — lorawan electric meter, Lorawan energy meter, Lorawan electricity meter,lora and lorawan,lorawan energy meter antenna,lorawan energy meter application,lorawan energy meter device (ivy-emeter.com)

did you get the communication protocol files from Wuxi? Maybe we can help