Dark theme

Hi Moderators!

Would you please consider enabling Dark theme on this Discourse instance?

Should be supported by the theme engine now, there is even auto switching:

The white theme is can be quite hard on sensitive eyes while reading the forum.

Thank you,
Mate

1 Like

As this is on a per-user basis there’s no reason to not have this enabled. However the moderators don’t change the settings, so we’ll have to page @michaelcompton and @michalborkowski96 to get this sorted, hence moving this to a public topic.

1 Like

@descartes

Just wanted to let you know that I added this task to my queue. I can’t “just enable dark theme” because the navigation bar at the top doesn’t have dark theme, so this will take a while. But it’s in progress.

Please make it user selectable, not the forum default.

2 Likes

Agree :+1:

I think that those that would prefer dark theme as their option would get more from the accessibility benefit far more than any finesse in the navigation bar.

First time visitors would still see the forum design with the custom nav bar in all its original glory …

Please make it user selectable, not the forum default.

Yes, of course.

I think that those that would prefer dark theme as their option would get more from the accessibility benefit far more than any finesse in the navigation bar.

I don’t agree, but even if I did, I don’t have the decision power to remove the navbar. I know that the navbar is problematic, and it’s not very popular, but it serves very important purpose of linking together different parts of The Things Network and The Things Industries. We realized at some point that the forum started to diverge from the rest of our web content. My personal opinion is that most communication issues between forum and TTI have roots in this divergence, where the forum exists in its own bubble. This is not sustainable long-term, and putting the navbar makes it a little bit smaller: people can now easily jump between different webpages of The Things Network and The Things Industries.

Thank you for looking into this!

You should be able to choose dark theme now. If something doesn’t work, let me know.

3 Likes

We are now at the dark side :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you, works great!

Thanks for the dark theme. Enabled. :+1: