Deleted RAK gateway on V2 cannot reinstalll on new V3 TTN

Trying not to add complexity to the discussion (Huh!!!), it looks to me there is an assumption that the EUI is derived from the MAC address of the Wifi or Ethernet port.

Don’t forget the SX1302/3 gateway chip have their own unique EUI which can also be used.

You may want to consider if a long term solution is to have the packet forwarder use this by default. While EUI could be set by the config file, only if the correct parameters are added, the standard config file would exclude this and by default the SX1302/3 chips EUI is used.

I think you need to ask on the RAK forum about if you can change the EUI - at worst it will be a backup plan.

Most gateways already have an EUI indeed, that’s not the problem. The problem is that there is no way to prove that one owns the gateway with that EUI when registering it. The gateway could have had a previous life with another user, or the same EUI could have been registered accidentally or on purpose already. So, if one is able to change the EUI the gateway uses, then this problem gets solved. Or, better yet, be able to prove ownership, like we have with TTIG.

1 Like

TTN support
please help
I can provide a serial number that comes from my gateway……… if that will verify the issue of who owns the EUI

Harvey

TTI are deeply unlikely to have access to a third-party vendors inventory database. Only RAK can verify that information.

I suggested this two days ago but nothing has appeared on the RAK forum …

Well…. I can check with RAK and ask if they will verify that I am the owner etc

Harvey

It is better to ask RAK how you can set the EUI that is being send to TTN. Once you know that you can simply use a different EUI to register your gateway.

EUIs are supposed to be unique but there have been multiple issues with that not being the case of the past 5 years so being able to determine the EUI to use is the best way forward for these units.

@HarveyIOT, did you read my post - I suggested that you ask if the EUI can be changed:

If RAK verify the serial number vs EUI, how will that be proof for TTI to pull the rug under someone else’s gateway registration?

Thanks all ……I think I am now exhausted with this issue
I will contact RAK to see what RAK recommend

Thanks anyway

Harvey

You have gotten suggestions three times on how to proceed, if that isn’t working for you then tell us why.

You should ask RAK the question that has been handed to you. That will allow you to proceed.

Jac

Yes ok I have already approached RAK regarding changing my GW EUI
I hope to change my EUI in next 2 weeks

I thought might if been easier to remove the other EUI from the TTN system

Again thanks for you help
I will continue to promote TTN system to other potential users

Harvey

:unamused: