Gateway not stable

Hi,
I have two RaspberryPI (Version 3) Gateways with iC880a.
Somehow its not really stable.
I’m using https://github.com/Freie-Netzwerker/ttn-resin-gateway-rpi and resin.io.
When its booted, first packet is received and forwarded fine.
But when next package arrives, I only get CRC errors and no more packet is forwarded.
Tried already with |RESIN_HOST_CONFIG_core_freq 250 and RESIN_HOST_CONFIG_dtoverlay pi3-miniuart-bt, but this does not change the behaviour.
regards,
Thomas

1 Like

I have the same problem using the TTN packet forwarder, which makes me think something changed on TTN’s server side. I was wondering is ADR now mandatory?

Are you using Semtech UDP protocol or TTN Tcp protocol?

Now I have changed the power supply to original Raspberry PI 2,5A, but I have still CRC errors and no more valid packets received after 20-30minutes runtime of the gateway.
I also tried to lower CPU to 600mhz, did not change the behaviour.
When I restart the gateway application every 10minutes I’m able to receive packets.

Do you use wiring or backplane for connecting Pi and the iC880a? If you not using a backplane your errors comming from your cables.

Yes using backplane. Have a second gateway with same backplane, same antenna and so on and zero CRC fail there. Only difference is Raspberry 3.

If running, even partially for a time, then failing after 20-30 mins suggests a component/system has temperature related problems, perhaps?!

I switched to “Router digitalcatapult-uk-router” in the Gateways settings.
Besides the new connection from yesterday that was reason for switching, also my stability issue for weeks seems to be solved.
So just the connection to the ttn router died somehow and was not re-established without restarting the gateway. The CRC erors might be related to the environment.