Is there a TTN community in Hull (UK)

Hi, in the first week of April 2024 I will be in Hull.
As I have some time to spare I am looking for an opportunity to meet people involved LoRaWAN in that area to meet. Maybe the TTN community?
If you live there and you like the idea, please drop me a note.

Hi Remko, TTN Hull has been around for years and has typically around a dozen active GW’s, either side of the Humber River and a decent sized group of members, but I get the impression been a bit quiet since C-19!

Was originally set up by Andy R if I recall (think he also set up TTN Oldham years back, and was active for a time with TTN Manchester and again IIRC with Leeds/Bradford) think worked with Justin from Manchester and TTN North crew to help get all of those going. Connexin - often active with e.g. TTConf & marketing efforts - is HQ’d in Hull, though Ralph is down West London way, and I think as few of their staff play/test on TTN in Hull area, as well as with their own TTI instance network of course!

One of the local councils has recenty started using/testing TTN in Yorkshire/Humberside area I believe and a contact joined the community recently - 1st in a long time I think.

You might try reaching out to one of the Core team or Andy to see if they have anything going on around that time.

When are you back in NL? Looks like I am travelling through NL Fri or Sat end that week and coming back late following week - not sure which route through NL yet - will depend on if other meets get confirmed in NL further west/north of you, but will shout for coffee/catch up closer to time if around as we missed out last summer! :wink:

https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/community/hull/

Hi @Jeff-UK thanks for the information and the suggestions. I reached out to the only 2 members in TTN-community Hull. I hope they reply, maybe more people who read this thread.

As I will be back on Monday 8 April I think it is not possible to meet in the weekend :frowning:. We’ll keep an eye on future options to meet.

I believe the awesome @bnnorman is local to that area.

I’m not sure what is classed as a community but the council installed Gateways around Hull (including on the Humber bridge) and provided members of our Connected Humber group with some loan gateways. I updated the unused gateways (9) to TTN V3 and they are languishing waiting to be deployed to anyone willing to install them.

There are other non-council gateways around - some I think by Connexin - but I don’t know if they utilise TTN or have a private server.

We (Connected Humber) delved into Air Quality sensors, on behalf of the council, which have now expired though a number of us are still sending data though not using LoRaWAN.

I know someone else is also doing stuff coz I see their traffic on my gateway. But I don’t know who.

Connected Humber periodically meet at the Makerspace at the top of the Library in town on a Wednesday (Because the Makerspace is oopen late that day). The next meeting is 20th March 5pm->chucking out time (usually 7pm). People just drift in/out and show us their makes. We will be playing with PixelBots which are simple bots with Ultrasonic sensors, Neopixels etc.

We also have a mattermost forum at Mattermost. You can add yourself to the user list and tell us about yourself. Someone will answer. If you include @brian.n.norman I will get a notification and we can take it further. We use mattermost to publicise the next meeting date and topic. Attendance can dwindle at times.

On mattermost you’ll see a load of channels some of which are biased towards LoRa(WAN).

We always welcome new blood to the group.

Regards
Brian