LGT92 working with TTN V3

Hi guys,

I hve an older LGT92 here with hardware version 1.3 and firmware 1.4

Is it possible to get this device working in TTN V3?

I am asking because I do not own a Sat-Link V2.

Regards
Duffy6

Should not be a problem.

Indeed, I’m currently using a bunch of LoRa Motes & Trackers for mapping parts of Cornwall UK and looking at results tonight I see yesterday afternoon one of my LGT92 of a similar build/vintage (I need to check exact firmware version - might be 1.40 or 1.43) managed to ping a GW in Poulmanac’h on the north coast of France near Perros-Guirec from St Catherine’s Fort near Fowey at the mouth of the estuary in Cornwall… a distance of ~186km - a new record for me and for that device, on TTN(CE), with data captured in Cayenne Dashboard and logged on TTNMapper using the appropriate TTN Integrations :slight_smile: :tada:

2 Likes

Cool - I have your coffee & pain au chocolat from the LA conference, don’t forget to bring back my ice cream.

I have an LGT92 too, works fine, good battery life too. I configured it for ABP, fixed at SF7.

I’m running a recent firmware, but not the very latest (had trouble with that one, sorry can’t remember the details). Also haven’t gotten the HDOP or number of satellites to report.

I did manage to compile the firmware. I had some plans to write a firmware that reports location with Cayenne payload, with the number of satellites as a cayenne “presence” value. But I haven’t gotten to doing that yet. I think there was another forum member who did get Cayenne working.

An ST-LINK V2 clone is just a couple of euros at AliExpress and worked for me for flashing the lgt92.

Nice! I already had point the other way (GW in UK, device in Brittany), but it depends on the weather…