Looking for Lorank8/Larank8 gateways

In our citizen science project, we use a couple of Ideetron Lorank8 gateways. We’re looking to put up a few more gateways, but Ideetron no longer has them in stock. We can of course use different gateways, but we prefer to have a consistent fleet of the same gateways for easier management.

Maybe someone has one or more of these Lorank8 (or Larank8 as they are called now) lying around unused? We have some budget, so it does not need to be free.

Are you running the stock firmware on the Lorank8? We were able to port the Balena setup to it a couple of years ago. Since then my fleet is a mixture of Raspberry Pi’s and a single Lorank, all managed via Balena.

So on the software side it’s possible to have a consistent fleet. But on the hardware side it’s a little more tricky.

My Lorank8 is currently in a box, but it’s such a lovely piece of hardware that I don’t really want to part with it.

I’m running a clean bbb debian image with a self-compiled packetforwarder, all configured with a cdist (an ansible-like tool that seemed nice but turned out a bit clunky): GitHub - meetjestad/mjs_gateway_configuration: Tool to configure Lorank8 gateways

Adding rpi’s to the fleet would work (which would also be fine running a clean linux), but probably requires a bit more effort - the lorank is complete with a nice enclosure and all. But maybe it’s a route to explore, though. Thanks!