Move your TTIG to V3: YES!

Hello everyone,

I am located in Argentina and using NAM1 cluster. My TTIG-AU915 cannot connect to the backend, I have claimed it following all the right steps but still no luck.

Could someone from the backend team please tell me if there is something wrong with it?
EUI-58A0CBFFFE8030BD
Screen Shot 2022-01-24 at 12.52.42

I apologise in advance in case this is the wrong place to post this message.
Thanks in advance

Created at “Jan 24,2022 12:37”

You either need to power cycle the TTIG or wait for it to update from the CUPS server (may take up to 24 hrs.), I assume you can see it connected to you local WIFi Router? What status is the top LED (Steady Green? Flashing Green?(Rate) Flashing Orrange/Red?..

And assume it was correct EUI? _ Small print so double, double check for common mistaken characters B,8, 0,6, etc…

Was it previously on V2 - and auto migrated 1st to V3 after V2 sunset or is it a new install?

Thanks for the quick reply.
The status of the top LED is steady green.

I assume previously on V2?
https://account.thethingsnetwork.org/api/v2/gateways/eui-58A0CBFFFE8030BD

Yes, that is correct it was previously on V2.
I did not do the migration on time before the V2 stack was turned off.

That says it is connected - dont trust the ‘disconnected’ status on console - - occasionally gets stuck (I think it is a scrapped value from another database/link, though will usually quickly start updating when triggered by traffic showing a last seen type time stamp), and may take a few hours to correct itself… do you have a node to hand? Is it showing data on TTN Console in Application and or Device views? If so all good and wouldnt worry… Also if you look at you GW’s console page listing do you see one listed as ID EUI… Name Auto-migrated-EI… or similar?

See here:

I have a node that is sending data periodically and can confirm the data is correctly received by using a Dragino LG308.

also if you look at you GW’s console page listing do you see one listed as ID EUI… Name Auto-migrated-EI… or similar?

I do not see anything like that. I did not use any migration tool for this gateway.

Click on one of the uplink messages and the expanded metadata (right hand side) will show all handling GW’s - hopefully including one you will recognise as your TTIG :slight_smile: Also you can test further if TTIG handling ok by turning off your 308 briefly to see if data still comes through to console - unless other GW’s in the area are handling as well…

Sadly, still the same :sob: Data is only received by the LG308.
Screen Shot 2022-01-24 at 13.38.13

And turning off the Dragino stops data appearing in the Device console view?

BTW you need to back off your TX rate as at SF7, let alone the SF12 you are using you will breach the TTN FUP :wink:

Also, just noticed the repeat downloads after each uplink - what node/firmware are you using? Looks like your device isnt handling downlinks/MAC commands correctly - system is telling to to use e.g. RX window delay 5sec etc. Is device OTAA or ABP? Are you using confirmed uplinks? (Hint - dont!)

Paging Krishna @KrishnaIyerEaswaran2 can you see activity for this TTIG in the backend? Green Led means it thinks it is connected?..EUI-58A0CBFFFE8030BD

…and you power cycled?

Yes, 3 times already

Would you recommend to completely delete it from my console, hard reset it, reconfigure and claiming it again?

UPDATE:
IT IS WORKING NOW!
After authorizing the gateway claiming with

ttn-lw-cli gateways claim authorize ttig-snorkman

and a factory reset, the device successfully connects.
Thanks for all the support

Looks like I have somehow orphaned TTIG with eui = 58a0cbfffe80251d . I had it working on V2 last year, but I don’t seem to have permission to authorize it for claiming in V3.

What messages are you seeing when you try to claim it?

Also if it was live on V2 it would likely have been automigrated (back in Dec/Jan)…. Do you not see it in your gw list?

1 Like

error:pkg/auth/rights:no_gateway_rights (no rights for gateway 58a0cbfffe80251d@ttn)

No, it does not show up in my gw list.

Have you typed the EUI correctly - I see that was under user name ‘radiobrige’ for old V2 using the old V2 US West router - is that your User ID on main site vs Forum?

1 Like

This gateway is also registered on V3. The ID is eui-58a0cbfffe80251d and it’s owned by user radiobrige.