No uplinks rec'd after devices joining the network

Hello,

I have a few gateways and end nodes working perfectly until recently (this week). When I add a new end node to my application on TTN, I can see it did join the network. But after that, no uplink messages at all are received. After some experiments, my observations are as follows:

1. All untouched existing end nodes continue to work (i.e., I didn’t do anything with them. They just keep working)
  2. All newly added nodes are not working (joined but no uplink messages)
  3. Re-registered nodes not working (same as #2) (i.e., I unregistered a few working nodes and re-registered them again)

So what should I check? Please advise.

Thanks a lot.

Details? otherwise its just speculation!

Hello Jeff,

Since I’m not any expert of TTN, the following is the summary of information I think may be important to the issue:

• TTN version: v3
  • Gateway: Dragino LG308
  • End node: Siterwell GS529 (Class A, Smoke detector, AS923, OTAA)
  • Network settings:

Problem description: Newly added end nodes can join the network (I can see join messages on TTN) but no further. No uplink messages of any kind are received (including pulse check, manual test, real alarm, etc.). I have to emphasize that it WAS working OK. In fact, existing nodes that joined the network long time ago are still working. It just suddenly doesn’t work anymore (for those nodes newly added) this week (roughly).

Please let me know if further information is needed. Thanks a lot.

By the way, I just found that the frame counters of the new nodes are still showing “n/a” even after joining the network. Is it normal or a problem?

Normal, those will be set after the first uplink/downlink has been received/sent.

Could anyone please advise me what further information I should check to find out the root cause of the problem (and even any potential solutions)?

Thanks.

Try registering a totally different device to compare & contrast …

Do you see your data via the integration (Webhooks or MQTT integration)?

If yes :
Is this not a similar issue as No 'Live data' showing in console - #10 by mczakk?

Yes, I’ve tried some other devices of different brands and models. They are working fine. It’s just this GS529 that has a problem. But it was working totally ok before. I didn’t change any settings of the gateways and my application on TTN. It just suddenly became not ok (i.e., I cannot get any uplink messages from any newly added nodes of this model anymore).

No, I don’t receive any messages from those newly added end nodes via webhook