Problem downlink and communication

Hi everyone,

I have 7 gateways (Multitech Conduit connected by GSM) installed in a hospital and 25 dragino RS485LN converters. The Network Server that I am using is The Things Stack V3 (I have my own instance in the cloud).
All my devices are connected by ABP and they are sending a message each minute.

I have two problems:

1. The uplinks are received by the application correctly, but suddenly, the messages continue to arrive at the gateway but not at the application.This is the configuration of the device:

1. For other hand, I can’t send downlink to the device. I have spoken with the people of dragino and they have indicated me that it has to be a downlink with confirmation. I have tried it with a gateway and a device in my office and it works ok, but when I try it in the real installation it doesn’t work, the downlik is sent repeatedly and the configuration of the device doesn’t change.

Thanks in advanced

Sandra

Have you looked at the latency between the gateway and NS?

Hi Johan,

Thanks for your answer and sorry for the ignorance, but how can I measure the latency between the gateway and NS?

Regards
Sandra

You will need to insert your GSM sim card in a GSM router, and then connect your PC to it. Run a test from there. You need to be at the same location as the gateway.

I have see with our local GSM providers the latency to the NS over 3.5 sec, but it varies from day to day as well.

Hi @Johan_Scheepers,

Thanks, I need to go to the hospital to do the test. The question is, if I have a big latency, what is the solution?

Regards
Sandra

What do you see in the console under the gateway and application exactly?

Change the back haul, ADSL, fiber?