RAK 7200 tracker

Yes, I have my own gateway RAK7249 in my roof…

• I suggest you visit and ask @ the RAK support forum
  • I see you did, why , because you have a new product, maybe its defect, and here in this thread most users are still beta testing.

https://downloads.rakwireless.com/en/LoRa/RAK7200-Tracker/Firmware/RUI_RAK7200_V3.1.0.10_release.rar

1 Like

Does anyone know if you can configure this device to only send LoRa packets when motion is detected? I couldn’t find a clear answer in the documentation.

I’d like to use it to track my golf cart around my property, but don’t want it using battery and sending static GPS coordinates when the cart is sitting in my garage.

Thanks.

new firmware, no release notes
https://downloads.rakwireless.com/en/LoRa/RAK7200-Tracker/Firmware/RUI_RAK7200_V3.1.0.11_Release.rar

Releasenotes are added:
https://downloads.rakwireless.com/en/LoRa/RAK7200-Tracker/Firmware/RAK7200_ChangeLog.txt

2019-12-26 Version:V3.x.0.11
Feature:
1.fix an issue about "at+set_config=device:gps_timeout:X".
2.add a new AT command "at+set_config=device:gps_format:X" so that you can config gps payload format.
  at+set_config=device:gps_format:X
  X means: <0: LPP format which is only 4 decimal digits accuracy>
           <1: 6 decimal digits accuracy> 
1 Like

…which might very well suffice:

One more LoRaWAN GNSS tracker based on AcSiP S76G system-in-package.

1 Like

New firmware available at RAK download site.
https://downloads.rakwireless.com/en/LoRa/RAK7200-Tracker/Firmware/RAK7200_Latest_Firmware.zip

Release notes: 2020-03-04
Firmware package: RAK7200_Latest_Firmware.zip for EU868/US915/AU915/KR920/IN865/AS923 regions.
Firmware Version: V3.X.0.12
BOOT Version: V3.1.1
Feature:
1.Add “gps,voltage,acceleration,magnetic,gyroscope” parameters open/close AT command.
You can use “at+help” command to see more details.
2.Fix the issue about saving the configuration of sensor.
3.Add a method about subcontract when the length of the packet is bigger than the current max payload

Currently under test and need to say it works fine at my site!
Thanks RAK

regards,

Jeroen

And again a new firmware available:

Release:2020-03-20
Firmware package: RAK7200_Latest_Firmware.zip for EU868/US915/AU915/KR920/IN865/AS923 regions.
Firmware Version: V3.X.0.13
BOOT Version: V3.1.1
Feature:
1.delete LoRaP2P AT command because RAK7200 don’t support LoRaP2P mode

On the RAK-homepage (and Reichelt too) the RAK 7200 is still offered with a barometric sensor. But there is none. Could it be possible to install an additional sensor like BMP380?

Wolfgang

Can anyone explain me what the different GPS Settings do?

at+set_config=device:gps: X Turn on or turn off GPS

X - 0 : close, 1 : open, 2 : sleep, 3 : standby

close??? open??? sleep??? standby??? Is it the bad Google Translator?

2 Likes

How good is the magnetometer? Want to use the tracker as a stationary sensor.

The docs show a block diagram with a MPU9250 - a fairly typical module - how good do you need it to be, the datasheet will probably give the info you need.

1 Like

Ah okay. Must have skipped it while reading… Thanks!

Hi,

I am on the current firmware. The device is next to the window, but I do not get any GPS data. I set the GPS timeout to 180 seconds already. Has someone any suggestions?

Maybe a few additional details:

>>at+version
OK3.1.0.13
>>at+get_config=device:status
OK.
===============Device Status List================
Board Core:  S76G_B
MCU:  STM32L073RZ
LoRa chip:  SX1276

Battery Voltage = 3.890 V 
Support Gps:true
gps_timeout: 180s
gps_format:standard LPP format 
No signal with Satellite.

and when it comes to viewing the current GPS data:

FAIL.The Satellite signal not found!

Also, after looking in the at+help I need some help. Is there a way to get a further description of the commands? Something like man man just with at+help…?

Best,
Felix

Take the tracker outdoors so the GPS has a good view of the sky.

Hi @LoRaTracker,

thank you, directly under the sky it did work. Though I cannot say that I am satisfied with the solution. I wanted to put the tracker into a wooden sailing boat. Do you think it will come through a bit of pine?

I opened the box up to check for an antenna and noticed that there is none except the chip. Would it be worth trying adding one? Do you have any recommandations or even manuals?

Thanks a lot again for the quick response. For now it works so I can stop for today.

Bests,
Felix

GPSs have to work with very weak signals, so may not work well indoors, next to windows, or in thick boxes. The only way to find out is to try, you have the GPS after all.

I doubt the GPS has no antenna, it would be unlikely to work without one and neither have I ever seen the inside of a RAK Tracker.

There should be a 15mm x15mm lozenge ant for the gps as below

And a small pcb patch ant for LoRa similar to

Though actual design may vary and have seem small stumpy stick ants with some RAK bds.

And there looks like there maybe u.fl pads for a for an external GPS antenna ?

For the LoRa Ant?!

I dont have a 7200 but previous gen 5205’s shipped with both LoRa and and GPS Ants on short pig-tails (u.fl or SMA options were available) suspect image just shows lozenge placement…still using pigtail connection?