Restriction of post on new accounts?

Hi @descartes

I read ALL ! In fact, I did a lot of researches on Heltec LoRa32, LSP8, TTN, and CHIRPSTACK during two weeks before trying your forum. After contacting Dragino, it seems the trouble comes from my internet service provider …

Don’t worry, I understand why you got such rules. Even if I quite sad, I respect that, so I didn’t fully explain my issue here, I just wanted to share my opinion. In fact, because this topic is quite old, I didn’t even expect an answer.

Thanks to your nice message and your warm welcome. See you next time (maybe) :slightly_smiling_face:

The bloc says new users (level 0) cannot post more than 3 topics @kersing or I cannot post any topics for the moment …

But it’s okey, the Dragino answer was quick and partially help me to find a solution. My service provider do not allows pings to public IP, which seems to be a big trouble for my Lps8 dragino gateway and this seems to be why TTN services only received half of my end nodes messages.

Have a good day

Are you saying that that research and reading over 2 weeks was posts on the forum or was that research elsewhere - assume so gven ref to Chirpstak - not TTN supported - as you need to spend time on the reading on the TTN forum before being allowed to post per @kersing. The moderators can validate how long a user has been active and escalate privaleges where appropriate. But if you weren’t an active user of the forum that explains the limits. Even so glad to hear you have resolved. ISP’s can often be the problem - sometimes not just blocking specific functions (Ping in your case) but often access to specific ports needed for correct TTN or indeed wider LoRaWAN operation - typically port 1700 etc… Either way welcome to the forum…now you are ‘in’ you should find it a valuable resource with many willing to help - provided you demonstrate you have read widely and used Forum search (top right box on this page) before posting issues or questions that have been answered many time before :wink: Enjoy!

I misspoke, my 2 weeks researches included this forum. I read about 10 of your topics (I wasn’t connected for half of them) and some really help me for setting my LoRa environment :wink:

It was juste after quite time I noticed an issue : about half of the lora uplink messages (sent by end nodes) were missing

• First I thought it was normal,
  • Then, I started some researches on end nodes (I thought the issue was my LoRaWAN library)
  • After I notice the problem was still here watever the LoRaWAN network I use (TTN of CHIRPSTACK)
  • So I looking for some issues in my Gateway
  • And finally the problem was from my ISP :confused:

Now I can make topics, so I will just share my experience (about my issue and other things) with you guys when I will have some time ! :wink:

:+1:Thats how the forum, and the community grows… look forward to reading what you found :slight_smile:

I can’t post either, and I do not really want with this login here…
I just want my old login back where it says I need to validate my email address and I never get an email. password reset would not work either. but what worked is to create a new account.

I am frustrated because I have two gateways set up in my other account and can’t even ask anyone for help to unlock my old account…
dan

@laurens sounds like there are issues with account recovery. Can anyone look into this? (Probably after next weeks conference as you’ll all be busy right now I guess)

Thanks @kersing
I hope I will get back my account soon :slight_smile:

Good luck with that, TTN is non existent (never answer emails sent to them…

TTN is providing a free service to a the community that requires significant resources. They are busy running the commercial operation thar funds the community resources.
And how many (mail) messages a day do you think 131 thousand+ TTN user can generate? That’s why there is a community forum where the community can support itself.

The account should be resolved, however with next week’s conference they pretty flat out on preparations.

1 Like

I’m not fully ok with your statement because even for questions regarding websites that can’t be handled by community you never get any responses so for me sorry to say but it looks more like a company only dedicated at commercial operation and community is on its own !

The ONLY reason this community exists is because TTI take some of the profits they make and put them in to running the TTN network & application servers and all the ancillary activities that are required to support this.

The v2 stack & infrastructure is getting old and, yes, some support issues take time to resolve and one of the best ways to get the more pressing situations sorted is to communicate kindly on this forum and we can direct you to other ways such as Slack if it requires some back end work to be done by TTI or a moderator may be able to draw the issue to the attention of an appropriate staff member.

If you have some unfulfilled support issues, please search for an appropriate topic or start a new one. But please don’t be the ungrateful guest when the host is being so generous.

5 Likes

And in return, TTI get a worldwide demonstrator network that proves that the technology works, it promotes the technology, and establishes them as a market leader.

1 Like

Is there any chance I can get in touch with someone who can fix my login problem with my original account? Otherwise I am forced to throw my gateways into the trashbin, right?
Or perhaps there is a way to re-register them in another account?
Please help and give advise.
Thanks
Dan

@KrishnaIyerEaswaran2 can you help?

So the issue is that email reset is not working?

Yes, details here: Restriction of post on new accounts? - #19 by lorawanbackup

Hi @ all with an interest in this subject !

Being an newbie myself I have had a super frustrating experience myself with this protective restriction. I can appreciate that Mods are concerned re time spend on spam removal etc BUT it almost feels as if this is to keep ppl away from the forum. The general attitude presented to me by reactions to my 1st question I asked was very kind and helpful but I felt an underlying “RTFM” attitude. Its a hobby among many others for me, its not realistic to expect ppl new to LoRa and/or TTN to dive deep in theory, ppl want to make stuff and see success, not frustration and failure.

Just my thoughts…
Respectfully
Jan P.

Thank you for your feedback.

It seems reading some documents and/or watching a one hour YouTube session on the technology is unrealistic. What is limit we need to keep in mind (in what amount of time should we assume people can spend to learn the basics)?
I assume we can agree people need some basic knowledge when starting with a new technology? I mean I can’t expect to buy random WAN equipment and be able to connect it and use it for a random use case without having at least basic knowledge about what is available and what it does, or can I?

I would use 3D printing as an example here, if that was left where it was 5 years back it would be pretty much the same experience as I have here. That has evolved to where the user was given the possibility to have reasonably good success without having to read heavily into it. But all of that needs people, and people (like me) get frustrated with simple stuff like this restriction.

Regards
Jan P.