Thanks to the valuable support I found in this forum, I managed to assemble a working system composed of:
- Raspberry PI 3 Model B + Dragino LoRa GPS HAT v1.4
- Arduino Pro Mini 3.3V-based device
I wrote a brief article describing all the steps. It is available here: https://andreamarson.com/2018/11/18/ideas-for-a-diy-smart-home-how-to-build-a-simple-lorawan-network-from-a-to-z-part-i/
I hope this can be useful for other people.
Now, I would like to perform some tests in order to maximize the range.
In the meantime, I would like to understand why not all the packets sent by the test device are visible in the TTN console:
As you can see, only one packet every eight is shown.