Struggle to access remotely to kerlink istation gateway

Hi,

I have a kerlink gateway istation and I would like to access it remotely.
I’m able to do so on local with the same network and by using ethernet.

Now, after having installed a sim card, I would like to access to my gateway remotely but I’m not able to make it work.
I have no clue how can I achieve this…

Even with ethernet and fixed IP, I’m not able to access it remotely with a new wifi network.

Can you please help me ?

thank you

Typically consumer-ish data plans block incoming connections. Some providers will sell business IoT plans that don’t.

More typically one relies on software in the gateway platform to create an outbound tunnel to a server through which subsequent inbound connections can be made - typically either a VPN or an SSH reverse tunnel.

You’d have to see what Kerlink supports, or if you have admin level access to the gateways OS you can maybe add your own.

Sometimes with uncooperative systems it’s worth putting the mobile data connection on your own embedded Linux router which then gives a local wired Ethernet to the problem box - the plus side is this often means you can get at a serial port and not just network-based maintenance interfaces, have a remote way to toggle the power or hit reset, etc.

But let’s hope Kerlink has a reasonable solution for you in their software.