The Things Gateway activation problem

I’ve been trying to go through the process of getting our new Things Gateway online and have hit a brick wall. Registration was successful. Configuration was successful. But the process then hangs on Step 3 “Waiting for the gateway to check in”. We’ve tried this both with WiFi and Ethernet connections, and we tried the WiFI through two different routers – the building’s and my phone’s mobile hotspot. In all cases, the lights on the gateway indicate that it’s trying to activate but failing, then it resets itself and cycles through the previous modes. Interestingly, we were able to obtain the IP address of the Gateway on the ethernet connection and connect to it from a laptop, but it still is unable to ‘activate’.

I’ll add that once the gateway was registered, we were having to bypass Step 1 (registration) by using the following URL to continue the process:
http://activate.thethingsnetwork.org/?gw_id=ttn-uw-aos-1
There should perhaps be an option in Step 1 to say, “gateway is already registered with the following name.”

Any advice on how to get through this process will be very welcome. (Note that we are doing this for testing purposes on our university campus; the actual final location for the gateway will be somewhere else, with a 3G/4G connection to the internet.)

Thanks

I had the same issue, it might be the same fault. The problem was the LORA module had come away from it’s connector. Wasn’t visibly loose at all. See my thread here.

Thanks, but it seems like we’re seeing different symptoms, as I don’t think we’re even getting to the point where the LoRa module is coming into play.

Still haven’t resolved this problem, despite trying at multiple different locations, both WiFi and ethernet.

Attached is a screen grab showing where the activation process hangs.

Is there no actual tech support for the Thing Gateway? I tried sending a message to the vendor but haven’t yet received a response.

thing

I see lots of people reporting problems with activation, but no actual solutions that I’ve been able to spot, either in the FAQ or in reply to people’s posted messages.

I only wanted to point to these topics… :sunglasses:

my idea… try it once from your home

I didn’t think that either as my gateway wasn’t registering with TTN. It was only when the Lora was properly seated did it show up. But, you might be correct. Doesn’t make sense. Best of luck.

Thanks. And, yes, I’m trying it from home today (still doesn’t work, hence my followups).

Tried reseating it. No change. Thanks anyway.

ah ok sorry … because in some cases there is some port filtering going on, be the UNI / company or the ISP.

If it’s port filtering, how (if at all) can this be fixed?

If it’s port filtering…

You or your network administrator have to establish UDP 1700 port forwarding from WAN onto your TTN GW LAN’s IP.

No. No portforwarding needed. Not for this gateway and not for this port.

The The Things Gateway does not use port 1700 so port forwarding for it will not be required of help.

That is right. However the gateway needs to be able to connect to certain internet sites without having to use a proxy server. In corporate environments that can be a problem (in most cases it will be a problem).

A post was merged into an existing topic: TTN GATEWAY central 2