[TTIG] Volunteers to test new Beta firmware

Hey Guys,

We have a new beta firmware for The Things Indoor Gateway containing some nice new features. Of these, (at the least) the following are useful for us

• The gateways respond to WS Pings. This really helps connectivity.

We’d like some volunteers to test the new firmware. If you are interested, please send me your EUI via private message and I’ll trigger a firmware update.

Note: If there’s a problem, we can easily rollback.

Regards,
Krishna

1 Like

Can you already give some information on the other nice new features?

2 Likes

Yes. I’ll give you a link as soon as that becomes public… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You apparently missed the “already”. :wink:

1 Like

I rebooted my TTIG and it seemed to load OK - that is, it took a bit longer than normal to boot with various flashing yellow/green light patterns, but eventually came up with the LED solid green. However, it does not show up as connected through the TTN Console. Tried rebooting again with no change - solid green, no connection.

Does the beta firmware interfere with the console status display or do I need to go through the configuration steps again? Is there something I can do on my side to help troubleshoot?

Hey I don’t think that’s related since the console does not use any info from the TTIG directly. Does your gateway forward packets?

All my nodes are at a different location right now and I’m a bit isolated from any public use. Will see if I can find one to send test packets.

1 Like

Can you somewhere see if your TTIG has got his update?
On the Kickstarter gateway you can check /info.
The TTIG give no info if you go with http(s), or is this hidden?
Regards
Johan

Yeah that’s a good question. We’re pushing an update on the server side to be able to track TTIG versions. Will let you know when that’s done.

It will be very useful (and common practice) to be able to see locally (‘on the device’) what version of the firmware is installed, e.g. on the configuation page (without requiring connection to any backend services).

If this is currently not supported, it should be added to the new firmware.

@bluejedi: This is not on the firmware but on the server side. It’s in the works… :slight_smile:

I think He (bluejedi) mentioned and also I think why is there no status page at the TTIG to check it locally. I could be build in in a new firmware off the TTIG.

@jwijngaard / @bluejedi : You can check the firmware of the TTIG. Not at runtime but in the configuration window.

If you go into the activation window, at the bottom you can find all the info of your gateway

TTIG_Ex

What we’re trying to do on the server side is to expose these versions through the Gateway API so you can query it at runtime.

4 Likes

then you need physical access to your device :slight_smile:
And that is not always possible, I have install TTIG’s at familie houses ect.
But I see the work what you want to from server side to get the info top job.

1 Like

Yes that’s a very good solution. When do you think this is available?

Hello there

The two who i give to u as “test beta firmware” or on this moment on the same release as you give in your example.

FW Build2018-12-06 09:30:37
FW Version2.0.0
Core Version2.0.0(minihub/debug)

We will see what it brings to you, if you can get the version’s online
Regards
Johan

I would like to. Couldn’t figure out how to send you a private messsage. Email?

• Click a user’s name and then select ‘Message’, or
  • Go to Messages (select your user icon top-right, then double-click the message icon), select ‘New message’ and add the username to whom you want to send a PM.

Thanks. Well I was looking at those places and was not able to find either a ‘Message’ at the user nor a ‘New Message’ button. Why should this not be possible?
BR

Lukas

It seems the firmware is already reported in platform on the NOC? (Or are these new details for the TTIG? I’ve used the same details to get a list of The Things Gateway firmware versions almost two years ago.)

(If your browser tries to open these HTTP URLs using HTTPS, then opening in an incognito window may help.)

Same goes for version in:

And for ttnctl:

ttnctl gateways status eui-58a0cbfffe80050e
  INFO Discovering Router...                   
  INFO Connecting with Router...               
  INFO Connected to Router                     
  INFO Received status          GatewayID=eui-58a0cbfffe80050e

Timestamp: 0
       Reported time: 2020-06-19 08:37:51.83752521 +0200 CEST
            Platform: minihub - Firmware 2.0.4 - Protocol 2
      Frequency Plan: EU_863_870
              Bridge: gs.v3.