Upgrade to The Things Network v3.23.1 (completed)

Completed: Upgrade to The Things Network v3.23.1

This is a cross-post of an incident on our The Things Network status page.
It will be updated automatically.

Scheduled: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 12:00:00 +0100 until 14:30:00 +0100

Resolved: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 14:31:04 +0100

Affected Components

• Europe 1 (eu1.cloud.thethings.network): Operational
  • North America 1 (nam1.cloud.thethings.network): Operational
  • Australia 1 (au1.cloud.thethings.network): Operational

Scheduled

Posted: Fri, 09 Dec 2022 18:58:48 +0100

During this maintenance window we will upgrade The Things Network v3.23.1

We do not expect noticeable downtime during this deployment.

Here is the changelog since the current version v3.23.0:

Added

• List of end-devices can now be sorted by last_seen_at field. Unseen devices will be shown last.

Fixed

• It is now allowed to set 0 for ping slot frequency and beacon frequency in the Network Layer Settings of the end device general settings in the Console.
  • MAC parameters that have the desired_ will be hidden from the end device general settings for multicast end devices in the Console.

In Progress

Posted: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 12:00:58 +0100

Scheduled maintenance is currently in progress. We will provide updates as necessary.

Completed

Posted: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 14:31:04 +0100

The scheduled maintenance has been completed.

The incident on our status page was just updated with new information. The first post in this topic has been updated accordingly.

The incident on our status page was just updated with new information. The first post in this topic has been updated accordingly.

After this update the unseen (never) devices are listing first and not last - this does not make sense.

Hi there @jezd, I tried to replicate what you described in here but I can’t seem to find an occurrence of what you described. Could you give a few more details? what exactly were the steps that you took to see a the list in ascending order with the unseen devices shown first.

My steps to reproduced what you described were:

• Have two devices in a application, one seen and another unseen
  • Clicked the column Last activity once.

With this I obtained the list in ascending order and the unseen device was seen last.

I find exactly the same

Using order new activity first from three example devices, never seen appears at the top.

There us no list refreshing either as data is received which is odd, the order soon becomes out of date very quickly - should the list adjust as device activity is seen?

Unfortunately, this is not currently possible but will be considered for future updates.

1 Like