Victron Energy and The Thing Network

In fact, this Victron Energy LoRaWAN module was not developed as a LoRaWAN compliance device.

In a standard way, we should have a API do connect TTN do VRM and this we could monitor if the API is up or down. For it is a “like a hidden API” developed by TTN/Victron and the problem is that this hidden API is down and the data is not being sent to VRM.

Does anyone know about the relationship between TTN and Vinctron Energy?

This communication between TTN and VRM is not documented and nobody knows to inform us about:

1. How to configure? The Victron manual about is a joke

2. In the Victron side who knows about this product and a little bit of LoRaWAN?

It is a very important device to monitor a solar station health, but who is giving support for this product? In Brazil, the Victron Energy told me that the support is given by the WDC the Distributor, but nobody there know LoRa

How to fix this product situation?

Claudio

TTN is this community and speculative paranoia isn’t going to get this fixed.

Reading between the lines of prior posts, it seems that Victron supplied a unit that was already registered on their application that they had setup SOMEWHERE on the TTI infrastructure - either on TTN or a paid for instance. So as long as the end user had a gateway on TTN in range, it just worked. I have a soil moisture probe on test that is the same sort of configuration.

But no where in any of this implementation would it require TTN or TTI to hold any secrets from you. The account & application(s) that were or are setup by Victron would be configured to forward the data to their dashboard, which you clearly would have to register your device on and all would be fine.

So perhaps you need to ask Victron if they are still supporting this product as no one here, the TTN community members, has access to their details or account.

To be called a LoRaWAN device it must have passed the Lora alliance certification tests. So it must be compliant.

Their manual clearly states they configured it and as a result you don’t have to implement it so you don’t need documentation on this.

You bought a ‘turn key’ product where as long as there is a working TTN gateway in range you do not need to configure anything on TTN. If your data does not show in their portal you need to ask them why their portal doesn’t show the data. There is nothing the community can do.

I agree 100% with you. This is what I am doing in the Victron Energy side, but I am here to ask if anyone knows that solution and I already found here people with the same problem.

Victron Energy has a excelent solution to monitor photovoltaic plant at least where a know, they are the only solar solution with LoRaWAN support. Do you know other?

Thank you by your support,

Regards,

Claudio

There are some projects on github to implement LoraWAN telemetry for renogy solar chargers.
But these projects are far away from an of the shelf product like the Victron LoraWAN Module.

I would like to know better these projects. The Victron Energy VRM is management portal and it is cool