I want to show how to build a outdoor TTIG with external Antenna.
Components you need
Component Manufacture Type Price
Gateway The Things TTIG ~80€
Housing Hensel DK0600G ~10€
Pigtail ufl -> rpSMA ~10€
USB Adapter ~ 5€
Antenna RAK Wireless Fiber Glass Antenna 5.8dBi ~50€
cable gland PG11 ~ 5€
cable 2 Meter flexibe 2 wire Cable ~ 5€
total price = 165€
Tools you need
- soldering iron
- side cutter
- drilling machine
- hot glue gun
Steps to do
1. Disasamble the TTIG Gateway
2. Disconnect the power cord plug on both PCB
3. Disasamble the Gateway PCB from the Housing
4. Connect the usb Adapter to the PCB
5. Drill 2 holes (6.5mm and 12mm) in front of the outdoor Housing.
6. Mount the pigtail in the outdoor Housing
7. Mount the cable gland
8. Extend the power cord with the flexible 2 wire cable
9. Mount the PCB with 2 Points of the hot glue gun on the Housing
10. Connect the power cord on both sides
11. Connect the Pigtail to the PCB
12. Mount the Cable with 1 Points of the hot glue gun on the power adapter Housing
Now you can Place the Gateway outdoor and extend the coveradge of your TTIG Gateway.
I think it is a good solution to place the Gateway outdoor and put the power adapter indoor.
So you can place the gateway next to Antenna.