DLOS8N with two antennas

Hello Community, can I connect two antennas to a DLOS8N with only one RP-SMA connector using a T-adapter or should I rather take a gateway with two connectors?

Can there be any problems?

Definetly not.

You would, in effect, be paralleling two antennas, and they are not designed to be used like that.

Why would you want to do that in the first place ?

First thank you for your answer
I would operate two antennas on one gateway to be able to cover a larger area also in another direction

In addition, the use of 2 antennas on one gateway would be cheaper than the purchase of another gateway for the second antenna or do I see this wrong?

When I read this post: One antenna for two devices? I wondered if it would work the other way around

Gateways use a single antenna, placed as high as possible.

You cannot magically increase coverage just by adding more antennas.

The transmit power of the Gateway would be split between the ‘additional’ antennas, so the power coming out of each antenna is reduced, and thus coverage is reduced.

If you have a site where coverage in a particular direction is blocked, due to buildings etc, then if you cannot get the Gateway antenna high enough to avoid the obstruction, then you would need another Gateway.

Nope.

Okay thanks for your answer

You can get GW’s with options for 2 concentrator cards (effectively 16 channel - 2 by 8 overlapping or if in territories with sub-bands (AU/US etc.) covering 2 sub-band of 8 channels - each supporting omni directional (for 2 subbands) or direction/segmented antenna (for overlapping channel coverage) )which is another option, but these are usually telecoms industry builds and very expensive, I find two standard build Outdoor GWs usually cheaper - indeed if working atop a large high rise building (office block, housing etc.) rather than a single (even large) mast, one in each corner of roof on the building a good solution and provides a degree of coverage redundancy, especially if backhauled over seperate comms, whilst also achieving a degree of seperation between the GW’s…