TTN gateway does not send downlink

I have a strange behavior. On my 868 Mhz TTN gateway, it seems no downlink is sent from the gateway.
I connect a spectrum analyser on it, and I see nothing from it. I have the log at network level :
image , but nothing on RF.

I have just one sensor connected to the gateway and the traffic is very low, so the dutycyle has to be ok.

Have you an idea from where com from?

best regards,

Mathieu

what sensor do you use… OTAA / ABP ?
I don’t see this gateway connected

can your sensor join the network… please show the connection

Any chance the latency on the internet connection is high, and the downlink packets arrive at your gateway too late? (Using a serial port monitor, I got one LORA: TXPKT failed, too late! today, but that’s often caused by problems in the backend, not in my connection.) Is the gateway registered to the router closest to you? (So, ttn-router-eu for France.)

Meanwhile your gateway has forwarded 112,350 112,439 112,455 112,475 uplinks, though those might not all have been sent by your own node. Still then, if TTN tells a gateway to send a downlink, it should indeed do so.

You mention TTN gateway, but just in case, is this actually a custom gateway running the multi packet forwarder – if yes, are you using the UDP transport (rather than TTN transport?). I had some very similar issues to this where the downlinks were sent and received by the packet forwarder and also scheduled to the concentrator on time, but did not seem to be emitted.

1 Like

No it is not the latency on the internet connection. I have 5 others gateway (kerlink, multitech, gemteck,…) which have no problem. And the problem is already on the first frame : join request which have an answer after 5 sec…

I have several devices (we are lorawan devices maker) which speak on a lot of gateway, operator, so it is true we have a lot of traffic but not specific to the ttn gateway…

it is ttn gateway, this one: https://uk.farnell.com/the-things-network/ttn-gw-868/the-things-gateway-eu/dp/2675813

when I connect a logger through uart connection;, I receive this:

12:33:48.300> MQTT: Sending UPLINK OK

12:33:48.754> MON: SYS Stack size: 2851

12:33:48.754> MON: TCPIP Stack size: 3787

12:33:48.754> MON: APP Stack size: 3294

12:33:48.754> MON: LoRa Stack size: 3857

12:33:48.754> MON: heap usage: 278KB (279KB), free: 61KB

12:33:49.567> MQTT: Received DOWNLINK

12:33:49.567> LGMD:Command, cmd: 0x32, size: 59

12:33:50.754> LGMD:Timeout on cmd: 0x32

12:33:55.134> LGMD:LORA: Accepted packet

So the sx1272 seems to be busy and we receive a Time Out answer…

Is my problem should be that the Downlink is not prioritary on Uplink reception ?

i’m in OTAA, the sensor doesn’t join the network because the join accept is never sent to my sensor…

I understand that latency is not a problem, so just for future reference: the fact that a Join Accept’s RX1 is as long as 5 seconds (where a regular downlink’s RX1 is just 1 second) is not relevant, as TTN will probably just wait longer before sending the downlink to a gateway.