Everything related to upgrading from TTN V2 to V3.
As announced during the opening keynote of The Things Conference 2021, The Things Network is upgrading to The Things Stack V3. Finally!
We call it The Things Network V3 (or just TTN V3).
Later this year the existing TTN V2 backend environment will be retired and no longer be available. Existing V2 applications, devices and gateways will have to be migrated to the new The Things Network V3 environment.
Migration will involve much more than just some copy paste actions.
As the migration impacts the whole The Things Network Community we expect many users will turn to the forum for questions, tips and issues they may run into during the migration.
The ‘V2 to V3 Upgrade’ category and subcategories were created to support this and make it easier to categorize and find information related to the upgrade.
When creating a new topic please select the most appropriate category for your topic:
|(Sub)category||Use for questions and feedback about|
|V2 to V3 Upgrade||Main category, use only if your topic has a general character|
|Migrating Applications to V3||Migrating applications from TTN V2 to V3|
|Migrating Devices to V3||Migrating devices from TTN V2 to V3|
|Migrating Gateways to V3||Migrating gateways from TTN V2 to V3|
|V3 Console||The TTN V3 Console|
|V3 Applications||TTN V3 applications|
|V3 Devices||TTN V3 devices|
|V3 Gateways||TTN V3 gateways|
|V3 Integrations||TTN V3 integrations|
- Applications are not just TTN applications defined in the console but also include the customer applications that interface with these TTN applications.
- In V3, MQTT can be found under ‘Integrations’.
(Integrations can be selected at the application level.)
- Where to find the V3 documentation?
- Latest V2 to V3 Upgrade topics
- How to Migrate OTAA Devices from V2 to V3
- How to Migrate ABP Devices from V2 to V3
- How to Migrate Gateways from V2 to V3
- Must read: The Things Network upgrade to V3
TTN V2 to The Things Stack V3 Transition
(This topic was previously used for collecting items related to the V2 to V3 upgrade.)
- The Things Conference 2021 opening keynote (YouTube)
- Overview of all Categories and latest topics grouped by category