Restriction of post on new accounts?

Thanks Jeff-UK …
on searching the forum it was driver error on my side i was using the search function in the tags rather than doing a full search on the forum.
I have read through those post now …

I’ve spent the last 3 months reading posts here on the forum as an anonymous user. Unfortunately I only ever logged into the forum (my TTN account exists for a little longer already) once I had come to a point where I am no longer able to move forward without asking some questions.

The only thread which seems to touch on the same setup as I’m using has been closed as the question there has been answered which means I can’t add my own question.

Don’t get me wrong. I understand why these rules exist and that I’m likely describing an edge case. I’m literally responding here now in the hopes to be able to post a question soon on the forums. :grin: — Have a good one!

Was about to say you are nearly there but can see you have now been able to post to new thread… welcome! :slight_smile:

For other users the ‘system’ tracks to see if active reading threads or a potential spammer or abuser…

Doesn’t help make determination…

1st step allowed once system thinks you might be legit is allow post to existing thread as above

If posts aren’t abusive or spamming then you get basic user ability to start threads alongside commenting in existing one…

Good luck…and enjoy the Forum and remember it’s only as good as the contributions of the user base so contribute where you can :wink:

1 Like

Thanks @Jeff-UK! Glad to be here — folks are super helpful. It will be a while before I can give much back but I’ll do my best.