The Wirnet iBTS is the carrier-grade, high capacity gateway. It is based on Semtech’s gateway reference design v2 and can be used for GPS-free geolocalization services.
The Wirnet iBTS has a modular architecture allowing you to configure and upgrade the gateway to according to your needs. Thanks to the modularity you are able to choose:
- The backhaul network: Ethernet or GPRS/EDGE/HSPA/CDMA/LTE
- The unlicensed band (ISM) where to operate the LoRa LPWAN: 868MHz, 902-928MHz or 915-928MHz
- The number of channels to operate the LoRa LPWAN: 8 to 64
- The antenna interface: single (omnidirectional), dual (space diversity or dual polarization) or tri (sectorization)
or Legacy documentation (for the legacy 3.x branch of the KerOS firmware) You do need to request a login and password from Kerlink by providing your gateway serial number
1. Connecting to the gateway #
You can either connect to the gateways via SSH, or via the Wirma2 Debug Tool. More info.
Once you are connected to the gateway, log in with
pdmk-$serialno as credentials. The
$serialno equals the 6 last characters of its serial number (CPU module, starts with
For security reasons, it is highly recommended to change the password. You can do so with the command:
passwd. More info.
Connect via SSH #
Remote LAN connection #
- Using SSH: Start an SSH client (typically Putty on Windows) using port 22 and the gateway’s IP address obtained from the DHCP server.
- Using SFTP: Start a SFTP client (typically WinSCP on Windows) using the gateway’s IP address obtained from the DHCP server.
Local connection #
You can connect you laptop directly to the gateway via the LOCAL port.
- If you have an DHCP server: Start an ssh client on port 22 and use the gateway’s IP address obtained from the DHCP server.
- You don’t have a DHCP server: Configure your PC Ethernet card to use
192.168.1.100(netmask: 255.255.255.0) and start a ssh client on port 22 and using the gateway default LOCAL IP address which is
Install and configure the gateway #
Follow the unified generic KerOS guide to install and configure your gateway.